I want to fly Solo with a Taranis controller how to mod Solo?

Reaction score
Website
art-mrcs.com
I recently bought a Solo but I am not too happy with the connection, it keeps disconnecting. So I want to fix the issue...

Is there anybody here who flies his Solo with a Taranis receiver? Can anybody explain which way to go to mod my Solo for FrSky including telemetry and videolink? Is there a way?
Where do I find the information to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

This thread may provide answers to what you're asking....

Reactions: Marcus van Soest
Maybe you wanna wait for the HereLink and then find a way to swap that bad boy in....

Thanks a lot

Well reading this thread I am figuring out what to do next.. The Solo needs a mod! But maybe I should dive a bit deeper in the system as it is... Need to get used to the idea of these linux running computers in the solo and in the transmitter... Need to dive deeper in the manual I guess to know more about what is possible with this bird. I am all new to Solo, haven't got a clue what can be done with it..

Do not want to lose it's capabillities.

Are there perhaps tips available, what to do first? A GPS Mod? Had a fly-away first flight, lost connection with the machine and it went zooooofffffff.. That shook me.. Want it to be reliable for me to be able to use Solo in the open without the risk of accidents..

Where do fly-aways come from anyway? (better stupid than sorry)

What to read on this one?

Any feedback is welcome

Thanks in advance..

Marcus

I don't believe that you had a fly-away. A fly-away occurs when the pilot is not able to command the flight controller AND/OR the flight controller does not properly go into a fail-safe mode when connection is lost. If GPS is lost your Solo will switch to manual mode and it will be up to you to manually fly your Solo without the aid of GPS or your Solo will drift away. If connection is lost between the controller and the Solo, the Solo will RTL and should not fly-away.

To help with GPS - upgrade your Solo with an mRo or HERE

To help with connection between the controller and Solo:
1) Keep antennas oriented properly and pointed toward the Solo
2) To strengthen the signal from the controller you can upgrade the WiFi card in the controller to a R11e-2HnD
3) Use alternate antennas on the controller (ALFA, FPVLR, or Itelite) when flying at greater distances

Most of my flying is within 1500 feet, so stock antennas and the R11e-2HnD upgrade work well. When needing to fly further I use either the ALFA or FPVLR antennas. The upgraded WiFi card and ALFA antennas are both inexpensive.

There is a good write-up on antennas here: Basic Guide to Solo Antennas (Stock, Alfa, FPVLR)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo