I got amazing distance using the FPVLR today.

Reaction score
I was flying a mission over a solar farm today. My distance.....3,175 feet.

Now obviously I had complete line of sight with nothing but a few power lines in the way. I'll post a short video of the flight tomorrow.

No problem flying back, for over 6300 feet or over a mile.

On a return attempt to do the 3175 feet again at a lower altitude, I had a glitch in my return video, and the screen froze. Not knowing what happened, it put it into Return to Home. I could see the altitude and distance numbers changing, and it did record the rest of the flight on the GoPro.

Any idea why my video feed froze?

Thx

Likely a hdmi cable issue?
I dont mean to be smartarse, but i can get that kind of distance with stock antennae.
I thought the LR circular antennas were supposed to go 3 or 4 times that distance.

Reactions: jibcamera
Well if you can get 3K feet with the stocks, that great. In testing the stock or the LR's in my neighbourhood, I could only ever get 1K, SO while my accomplishment didn't impress you, it sure impresses me.

No worries.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
I think it depends a lot of the environment your in. How much wi-fi is around. Today I was in the backcountry with no wi-fi around and flew 4200ft with stock antennas and had no problems. It didn't even trigger RTH at that distance either I just decided to come back.

Wifi is totally environment dependent. I can get about 1500-2000 ft with stock antennas in my neighborhood. If I drive 20 minutes out more towards the country, it doubles. If you use the wifi analyzer on android, it will give you a pretty good indication on what your conditions are by how strong your signal is compared to all of the others it detects in the area. Wifi Analyzer - Android Apps on Google Play

I was flying a mission over a solar farm today. My distance.....3,175 feet.

Now obviously I had complete line of sight with nothing but a few power lines in the way. I'll post a short video of the flight tomorrow.

No problem flying back, for over 6300 feet or over a mile.

On a return attempt to do the 3175 feet again at a lower altitude, I had a glitch in my return video, and the screen froze. Not knowing what happened, it put it into Return to Home. I could see the altitude and distance numbers changing, and it did record the rest of the flight on the GoPro.

Any idea why my video feed froze?

Thx
I've had the same thing happen with my Nexus 7- never figured out what happened. Have never had it happen with my iPad mini and I'm also using the FPVLR antenna.

I have a friend that made me a bi-quad antenna that got me out to 8600 ft last night. No other mod or amplifier. He sells them for $100. let me know if anyone wants one. (I was just running one and one rubber ducky)

Hey Matt I am interested for sure. PM me details or start a thread, sounds great!

I have a friend that made me a bi-quad antenna that got me out to 8600 ft last night. No other mod or amplifier. He sells them for $100. let me know if anyone wants one. (I was just running one and one rubber ducky)
I'm also interested.

I have the FPVLR 2.4 antenna and I'm getting around 4100 with these but stock got me out to 2300. I have a set of new Wifi cards R11e-2HnD to see if I can get longer range. Has anyone tried these yet?

We hit 11115ft each way last night runninh two of my friends biquad antennas. After 4 + miles into a head wind on way home, i landed with 27 percent life left.tmp_18636-20160422_182258-2125317882.jpeg

Reactions: J R
Wow Im curious on better antennas as well. Was that pretty much line of sight or did you have any tree cover?

Line of sight. Went over major power transmission lines at about 4000 ft. Ran about 200 ft up the whole way. Looses a lot of reception on return if you lean into it to much. Going to work on antenna mod on solo so I dont loose signal when it leans hard on the way home.

Good to know. Have you tried taking off in tree cover to see if you gained any better signal?

I had a Phantom 3V Plus do a fly away about 6 months ago and never did see it again. That's why I went with the Solo because of the guarantee that they would replace if this happend. Will making the antenna or the board changeout cancel the warranty?

Has anyone used the GLYPH on the solo yet? If so what range did you get and dose it use the Hero4?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny