How to update Solo Gimbal firmware ?

Reaction score
Hello! Noob here; my gimbal has been acting up and for sure needs an update; just am unsure of how to do so - please help

Much appreciate

The gimbal was updated when you did the pre flight software update after taking it out of the box. Unlikely to have anything to do with whatever problem you're having.

The gimbal was updated when you did the pre flight software update after taking it out of the box. Unlikely to have anything to do with whatever problem you're having.
Is that true if you initially updated with the fixed gopro frame installed and later install the gimbal? Does the gimbal get the update when the hardware is later installed? I know we've had one gimbal FW update from 3DR circa Sept/Oct 2015...

Good question. I presume so, but I've never done it personally to say with certainty. The gimbal firmware file is always on the companion computer so it can install itself as needed.

My gimbal stopped workong on day. It is limo although blinking. I go into firmware and it shows nothing for the gimbal. My controller says gimbal not found.

I can verify that the gimbal firmware gets pushed automatically. I just replaced my gimbal with a new one. It sat limp for an additional 30-45 seconds during the first boot, but then came to life as happy as a clam.

If you have a WiFi-only smartphone/tablet display, you must be connected to your Internet WiFi (not Solo) when starting your Solo application in order to check for updates. Otherwise Solo will never know an update is needed.

Adding to this post as it may be related to my Gimble firmware not sure? As not not waste everyone's time I also spent a couple hours looking for similar symptoms and can’t find it so posting real quick for feedback. My GoPro Hero 3 black doesn’t record properly. I have latest firmware on it. Hit and miss with recording. On playback I get sound but screen is mostly black on playback you can make out the video as it is playing it is just horrid black with green line through it. I attempted 5 recordings this weekend and one worked correct. Solo auto powers on GP I hit record button manual and go and then manual stop recording when on the ground. Live feed works perfect every time. I have it set to 2.7k. I guess I will try other settings to see if it will be more reliable. Ideas? Very frustrating I had a super slow cell moving in last night at dusk and shot er up to film the coolest light show I have seen in a while and no video worth a crap just the sound of my props :( !

Thanks!

Sounds camera related...What quality of SD cards are you using? I found I can't use anything less than a Sandisk Ultra Plus U3 variety on my GP4B at 2.7K or higher.

Since the sd card slot is exposed, you may want to inspect it for dirt and fuzzy bunnies...causing contact issues with the card. Having video out to Solo implies the camera itself is functioning, it's your recordings that are mucked up...

Thanks I will check. I know it is a high speed rated card just can't remember the flavor. I recently updated to 64GB so that may be my issue. I am also going to try recording at lower setting. It appears depending on what you read that I may also be able to get the record from the app to work? Mine is grayed out and not having this ability stinks. I can select the GOPRO Hero 3 in settings but still buttons grayed out.

Having the ability to adjust some in-flight camera settings is worth the price of admission, GP4S/B.

The image quality recorded to the phone is not so good, once brought to a big screen. Also format the card in the camera, read recently this could be an issue if done otherwise.

Both the GoPro HERO 3+ Black Edition and the GoPro HERO 3 Black Edition require a Class 10 microSD card up to 64GB. But not all Class 10 cards are created equal. It would be nice if Class 10 was a consistent standard, but the reality is that it's not.

I checked I have the SANDISK Ultra 64GB. I will try the format from the camera deal as I don't believe I did that after I updated the firmware. I hope that is my problem. To be clear on this question. You can't control on off recording functions of a hero 3 black addtion from solo app correct?

You can't control on off recording functions of a hero 3 black addtion from solo app correct?
That is my understanding, only the GP3B+ or GP4B/S.

FWIW, a neighbor of mine bought a Solo and is using a GP3X and he gets video feed only. He had his camera set into the gimbal cockeyed to access the record button while installed. You can start recording with the camera fully installed, just need to squeeze on the gimbal housing where the record button would be, worked every time for me....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc