How To Replace Solo Motor Bearings!

Also how are you running each motor by itself?
You can download "Mission Planner" for free onto your PC. You then connect wirelessly to Solo and there is an option in one of the menus to run one motor at a time. By default it runs them at 5% but you should change that to 50% or higher.

There are several threads here about the process.

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
You can download "Mission Planner" for free onto your PC. You then connect wirelessly to Solo and there is an option in one of the menus to run one motor at a time. By default it runs them at 5% but you should change that to 50% or higher.

There are several threads here about the process.

What menu is that under is Mission Planner? could someone upload a screen shot, please?

Thanks Maddog, is this the correct app?
Yes, that's it- I see the price went up. There are probably other apps that are free but this is the one I am familiar with. Because others use it we can compare "apples to apples" when discussing numbers.
There is a YouTube video that explains how to use this app for motor balancing. If I can find it I'll post a link.

Yes, that's it- I see the price went up. There are probably other apps that are free but this is the one I am familiar with. Because others use it we can compare "apples to apples" when discussing numbers.
There is a YouTube video that explains how to use this app for motor balancing. If I can find it I'll post a link.

That price is in Australian Dollars. I will grab it and check out what it can do. If you do come across the YouTube video please post if you get a chance. I will try to find it myself and post for others too. Thanks for the valuable info.

Here's the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Del
Is that app available on iOS?

So surprised there is such a difference between the motors. I would have thought that I was buying a fully tested and optimised Solo from 3DR. Obviously not!
I don't believe they are tested at all. Listen to motor no 2 before it even had been started for the very first time.

Solo motor bearings
Just googling around re Solo motor bearings, for those that are wondering,
(or probably just for my own benefit....so i can search it later)
The dimensions have been listed on these forums, but the standard names are....
Small bearing is an R2-5ZZ or the stainless variant is SR2-5ZZ (1/8 x 5/16 x 9/64)
Larger bearing is an R2ZZ, the stainless variant is SR2ZZ (1/8 x 3/8 x 5/32)
They are about a $1 each on ebay.
440c stainless I imagine would be better than the rock bottom cheapest.
Then theres ceramic which is harder again, at about $5 each.(add a 'C' to the end eg R2ZZ-C))

Last edited:
Solo motor bearings
Just googling around re Solo motor bearings, for those that are wondering,
(or probably just for my own benefit....so i can search it later)
The dimensions have been listed on these forums, but the standard names are....
Small bearing is an R2-5ZZ or the stainless variant is SR2-5ZZ (1/8 x 5/16 x 9/64)
Larger bearing is an R2ZZ, the stainless variant is SR2ZZ (1/8 x 3/8 x 5/32)
They are about a $1 each on ebay.
440c stainless I imagine would be better than the rock bottom cheapest.
Then theres ceramic which is harder again, at about $5 each.(add a 'C' to the end eg R2ZZ-C))
Thanks for the useful information Roland..that's good to know!
It's nice to know we have options on choosing are bearing for the stock motors for the Solo :) I'm trying to learn everything I can :)

Cheers

I don't believe they are tested at all. Listen to motor no 2 before it even had been started for the very first time.
Wow- sounds like a washing machine with rocks in it!:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M