How To Replace Solo Motor Bearings!

@Del I'm guessing you haven't had a chance to test the bearing puller? They are out of stock anyway but still interested to see how you went swapping out your stock bearings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Del I'm guessing you haven't had a chance to test the bearing puller? They are out of stock anyway but still interested to see how you went swapping out your stock bearings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Surfn...sorry Bro for taking so long...I'm just really busy doing renovations around my house to get it ready to put up for sale...so I havint really had time doing a bearing job to the motors yet!
But Mabe ill try to make time to do it this weekend and even make a little video! It seems like there not enough hours in the day for me sometimes..lol

Cheers

I know the feeling, why can't days be 36hrs long?

I say "NO" to 36 hour days! I can't get any sleep in 24, 36 will just make it worse! :)

Good luck with the renovations and house sale, Del. I'll probably be in the same boat next spring. Time to move down south for the winters!

Jerry

Reactions: Maddog
I say "NO" to 36 hour days! I can't get any sleep in 24, 36 will just make it worse! :)

Good luck with the renovations and house sale, Del. I'll probably be in the same boat next spring. Time to move down south for the winters!

Jerry
Thanks Jerry!! Im selling my house this spring and moving out of Niagara Falls Ontario and moving 18 hours away to New Brunswick Canada out in the country and building my cottage by the river and spend the rest of my life ridding all the Trails on a brand new Can-Am ATV...I can't wait to fly my Solo there... A lot of beautiful country scenery :)
So busy..busy..busy :)

Cheers

Reactions: J R
Thanks, Del. Really appreciate the invite. When I get the chance to go north from the lower 48, I may take you up on it.....It would be a blast!!

Yeah, J R, we can all just invade his place and have a Solo fly-in!

Chuck,

I'm game! Although I'm sure I bored everyone with my "Texas Trip" thread, Raybro and I had a great time! You get to know who the good guys are on this forum, Raybro and Del are some of the good guys for sure!

Jerry

Replaced mine with Boca Bearings (sealed). I believe sealed bearings are the way to go, especially if you take off and land anywhere that has potential for dirt and micro particles to get caught up in the rotor wash. Ever watch a helo in a movie with smoke around it? I also used an exacto knife to cut the plastic tabs off and release the motor. Easy taking old bearings out. I also replaced the washer with Teflon washers. You can easily damage the stock washers removing the motors so watch that if you plan on re-using them. Be VERY careful installing the new bearings! I used a little lube on seat to help slide the bearing into place. Do not pound on the bearing! Read somewhere someone put the bearings in the freezer for a while and warmed the motor (not in a microwave,,lol) slightly and said the bearings slipped in nicely as the tolerances were greater. Either way, the result is that SOLO flies smooth and much quitter than before. Best to have a spare motor on hand,,just in case. Good luck.

And you do have to take the motor off to replace both bearings.

Thank you David

How do you get the motor off the circuit board. The video at the start picks up with a motor that's not attached to a plastic-welded frame.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdeeno