How to go faster

And I'm not complaining I was hoping there were other settings that I have not hear about to make it better.
I have been on a thread or two about this.
You can search my username and see what I have tried already if you are at all interested.

If you want to boost performance, you can connect Solo to Mission Planner. Once you are in, you can adjust the PIDs directly.

I had already tried with Tower APP setting the ACRO_YAW_P: to 5 then 9 then 10 (from default 1).
And it didn't help any.
I think it was actually worse around 9 and 10 trying to use that setting.
Still very slow and still very loose feeling.
No hard stops on yaw kept going about 1/4-1/2 turn when hard stopping.

There may also be some control lag compared to direct RC that I am used to.

Reactions: Solo Keith
... I have not been able to get mine to fly proper in acro mode.
The yaw feels VERY slow and very loose it overshoots and does not stop hard at all.
Also pirouettes dip they are not flat. it feels VERY laggy and unconnected in acro mode
:( might be because of it's weight and design. ...

What kind of tablet are you using? Solo feels very responsive to me, with the Solo app running on an iPod Mini 4. But a friend of mine runs the Solo app on an older iPhone, and the lag is noticeable. Could your perceived lag be due to a slow tablet or smart phone? (Just thinking out loud here.)

I had already tried with Tower APP setting the ACRO_YAW_P: to 5 then 9 then 10 (from default 1).
And it didn't help any.
I think it was actually worse around 9 and 10 trying to use that setting.
Still very slow and still very loose feeling.
No hard stops on yaw kept going about 1/4-1/2 turn when hard stopping.

There may also be some control lag compared to direct RC that I am used to.

You probably need to adjust all three yaw settings (P, I and D). The D setting should tighten things up. Just remember the original settings in case things get out of hand.

Reactions: Solo Keith
What kind of tablet are you using? Solo feels very responsive to me, with the Solo app running on an iPod Mini 4. But a friend of mine runs the Solo app on an older iPhone, and the lag is noticeable. Could your perceived lag be due to a slow tablet or smart phone? (Just thinking out loud here.)

The lag or soft feeling yaw control is unrelated to the Phone or tablet involved.
This is in manual mode.
I'm not even using a phone or a tablet.

that is where you lose me, manual mode in solo is very good
but to each their own
Acro mode.
Let's see a video of you flying it in acro and see how very good it looks.
Thanks.
I'll get a video of mine if anyone asks.
I'd like to see if just yaw a little faster and have a locked in feel.
Mine is far from it.
:)

If you want to boost performance, you can connect Solo to Mission Planner. Once you are in, you can adjust the PIDs directly.

I will have to give that a look.
Is there a setting for rotation rate as well.

I can see the stock rotation rate is terribly slow.
And the yaw stops are very sloppy (pid) adjustments may help here.
Are there individual P I and D for yaw just in acro mode in mission planner?
Autopilot works fine and I don't care about fast yaw so much in AP/GP assisted photo taking flight mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc