Here + Green cube vs ....

Not an actual HERE... but...

68aa767037e584b4079e255462f129a2.jpg

2822e3349b103d000ea7a0572867c848.jpg

Reactions: Damien
Looks aerodynamic to me. Are you sure that’s not the mro mount- because the HERE comes with a mast-
Hold it out the car window and see if there’s any drag.

Wow your solo is fast ,that looks like fun ,Dang ,i think I just might take it out of turtle
emoji217.png
mode and go rabbit
emoji235.png
some time,are you using stock antennas ?

I use FPVLR antennas. 3DR marketed Solo as doing 50+ mph but that was just marketing.

You'd be better off shimming the motors to keep Solo level at speed rather than install that paper rack.

The HERE is your gps AND your compass- so you can take the leg compass off and toss it. If you don’t care for the way it looks, great- but the concept is to get the gps away from the electronics/ possible interference. And that’s what it does- it will lock in 20 satellites in my kitchen.
The number of Sats locked in your kitchen is completely irrelevant. With signal reflections, multipath effects you will eventually get any random number inside a building or close to walls or structures. Also, the sheer sat count depends on your location and the time of the day (as well as some other factors like moisture).
A modern high quality GPS with Glonass/Galileo support deployed inside Solo along with the 3DR V2 shield or the 3M foil sold by eg mro is shielded well enough to keep away harmful EMI noise from electronics, GoPro and motors.
Its basically a question of personal preference to have the GPS under the hood or to put it on a mast. Performance-wise, you won't notice a difference, (except aerodynamics maybe ;-))

All I have is Rev B and a V2 shield stock cube with open Solo and I'm happy with oh and one wifi R11e upgrade in the controller there is a little drift with the Rev B in hover sometimes for a minute I enjoy flying out to where I barely have LOS to video where theres no access to sometimes and having fun I you don't need GC or here to have fun and I have flown beyond line of sight once just to test it out(curiosity) 10,089ft and still had FPV and signal satisfied my curiosity

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks