Green Cube Issue....

All the gimbal twitching was fixed in master in November. All before the first solo 3.7-dev was ever available on Solex, which was in December. So if you're having gimbal weirdness, something else is wrong on your copter I think.
Only one way to find out I guess, and that's load up a 2nd bird with 3.7 and plonk them both side by side and see if there's gimbal weirdness on both or just one. However I only noticed it on a static test (not flying) so will have to do a bit more of an extensive test. Anyway, first things first, get Green Cube sorted, then figure out Gimbal weirdness. I did notice one thing though, when the strobe system is turned on, immediately the gimbal points straight down. It then rights itself, but thought it was odd behaviour.

I'll see if it's possible, like I said, when I booted the drone with the cube in there it did start that blue strobing light and high pitched beeping. So not sure if there's going to be a chance to connect via WiFi without a soundproof room available.

This is a non gimbal bird that I was going to use for other camera work, so I don't mind a few flying quirks. The only quirk I saw as identifiable on one of my other birds was the Gimbal constantly moving up and down. Not great for video but still ok for photography. I'll hopefully get a chance this weekend to delve into the Green Cube issue.

Thanks for all the help!
Yes, since it is not booting you can't use Solex. Just remember not to load the firmware the way you started to with the chibos message. You don't want any of the stock firmware because they don't have the special parameters needed for Solo. If you use Matt's 3.7dev he has pre-installed the required parameters. The 3.7dev file has an apj extension but it loads just fine. So pre-download it and then use the custom firmware button.

Once you get it running, you will still need to install the 3.7-dev and controller updates in Solex. There a number of things those do besides the ArduCopter FW. But as described above will be get you going and connected first.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Guys, I've been trying to purchase 2 green cubes for my 2 solos from www.jestersdrones.org.
I cannot finalize the purchase... is the "shop" still operating?
Any other source where to buy the green cubes from?
Thanks!

Update: I found a shop in Spain where they might still have green cubes in stock...
The code is HX4-06012. Is this ok for Solo?
Are all Green Cubes produced only and exclusively for Solos by the way?

Thanks Again!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421