Here + Green cube vs ....

Reaction score
Basically I have a solo(a couple actually) and was thinking whether I should spend the money on the Green cube setup vs holding out for the next gen of drones to come down on price.

The main thing I want out of the Green Cube is boat mode(have a large boat) but other than that i'm pretty happy with my setup as is(stock solo with opensolo).

Seems like a solid platform.

Better cameras will come out that outperform my Hero 4 Black but at the same time most of my devices arent even 4k ready and i'm not producing stuff for "the public".

Just wondering how you guys feel about putting more money into it for functionality vs fun(like to tinker too and open source rules).

Solo's smart shots have never been implemented as well on any other platform as yet.
do technically it is still king of shots
there are other options starting to show up like flytOS but I doubt any of those will have the community support that arducopter and PH2 have.
If you plan to keep solo long term it is worth the upgrade.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
The Green Cube and HERE upgrade will impress you; I promise. It will make Solo way more responsive and with HERE- not only does it look meaner- it locks in satellites so much faster, locks in more satellites and because it does, Solo doesn’t drift as much and return to launch is in sane! Before it would land pretty close to launch location- now, it’s dead on! Spend the bucks and upgrade- it’s not crazy money and you will notice the improvements. Check out Jester’s Drones!! Quick service and delivery!!

I guess for a stock replacement GPS card, the mRo purple (new one) the "preferred" path? For my taste...the external mount of the HERE detracts from the look of the Solo.

Reactions: Mala Suerte
I would worry less about appearance and concentrate more on performance. I don’t know where you fly your drone, but Mr. Blackwell isn’t judging the way my Solo looks at an altitude of 250’.

My mRo routinely gives me 20+ satellites, and has never really dropped GPS...so I'm getting looks and performance.

But what do I know; I guess I would rather have a drone that resembles an AWAC and RTL after EVERY FLIGHT.
But before you decide, look at how many Solos went for a flight and were never seen again.
I’m pretty sure when they designed the AWAC ( Airborne Early Warning Aircraft ) someone thought the same way you do.

Your implication that mRo Solos don't return home or fly away is baseless...and I'm certainly not gonna get into a pissing match over it. I'm glad you like the way the HERE looks and performs. I happen like the way the mRo looks and performs. The great thing is that we can both have what we want.

The mRo is less weight and less aerodynamic drag. Just hold the HERE outside of your car window at 30 MPH and see for yourself! ;-)

Reactions: Mala Suerte
The HERE is your gps AND your compass- so you can take the leg compass off and toss it. If you don’t care for the way it looks, great- but the concept is to get the gps away from the electronics/ possible interference. And that’s what it does- it will lock in 20 satellites in my kitchen.

I have owned them all, with the exception of the cheap Chinese ones. Learned not to do that when I bought a cheap lens for the gopro. Ended up trading that up to a Peau.
the MRO is fine if you really have a vanity issue with looks
But for sheer performance the Here wins every time, and they are cheaper if you make your own mast. Not to mention the compass out of the leg feature which was huge for me.

Reactions: jonbrotherton
47e4bb688eeb58bf6fc9de1e036037e7.jpg

Not about vanity it's about aerodynamic down force. Solo dives at top speed and you may be adding to that. Honesty its not an issue below 40 mph.

I will say with the green cube and open Solo my Solo holds altitude better at speed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ah, yeah I actually use solo for what it was designed for. Aerial video work so no I rarely fly 40 mph

Wow your solo is fast ,that looks like fun ,Dang ,i think I just might take it out of turtle [emoji217] mode and go rabbit [emoji235] some time,are you using stock antennas ?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44