HELP WITH HDMI!

Why would my HDMI STREAM not be working? Everything works except the live stream. I can still contro

• Email

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Chat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Why would my HDMI STREAM not be working? Everything works except the live stream. I can still control the gopro and gimbel perfectly just cant see what im doing until i get back on the ground. It sucks really bad its like there is no power to the hdmi because i hook it up to the tv and comes right through.
Plesse help!×
Thanks Vince

Why would my HDMI STREAM not be working? Everything works except the live stream. I can still control the gopro and gimbel perfectly just cant see what im doing until i get back on the ground. It sucks really bad its like there is no power to the hdmi because i hook it up to the tv and comes right through.
Plesse help!×
Thanks Vince

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere inside the Solo. Mine's been apart a few times for some modifications, and if you don't put everything back just right this can happen. If you've never taken it apart not sure. The hdmi cable inside the Solo (not the connector at the gimbal mind you) may not be completely seated. A hard landing can possibly cause this.

Sigh. I do wish people knew how to use search. Or I mean it isn't like there is a section for GoPro/Gimbal.... But I digress:

First: Are you using and iPhone or iPad or other iDevice? They are known in the latest revision of iOS to have a problem with video display from SOLO.

If it isn't the iDevice being....an iDevice: Please check the HDMI connector on the Gimbal. Make sure it is FULLY seated, Some GoPros seem to have particularly 'tight' connectors.

Then check the HDMI connector atop the Gimbal. Visually check that all the pins are still soldered to the board. Check that the connection isn't loose. Some of them have needed a bit of a pinch

Next check the cable at the gimbal and at the IMX.6 board for seating.

If everything up to here looks good then you would seem to have a problem with the ribbon cables on your gimbal.

Im using android and i have hooked the gopro to the solo direct without the gimbel attached still nothing.i have done everything except to check inside the solo. It did work and one day i go to fly and no video, but as i said before it will work when i hook it up througt the tv.
So im new at this so i apologize if im asking dumb questions, but is there a link to watch that will show me how to possibly fix the problem.
I appreciate any help that you can give me and thank you for responding back to me. Have a great day!

I would guess then that you have either a suspect HDMI cable inside SOLO or the Micro-HDMI port on thee IMX.6 is lifting or otherwise mangled. Or there is a High Impedance Air Gap.

Sounds like maybe it's time to get out your flashlight and a mirror. Or a screwdriver. However you fly....

I have a dedicated iPhone 6 plus that I use for my Solo, still on an old OS update number, 9 maybe ... I forgot it the other day and for the first time I used my actual phone, an iPhone 7 plus, and I had a Hell of a time getting live video feed. I finally figured out how to get it, but wasted a whole Solo battery figuring it out. Came home and used my iPhone 6 and it worked immediately, so yeah there's definitely something buggy about the iOS updates that could give you problems. I'm gonna stick to my 6 and never update the OS on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc