Help: Stuck in "Groundhog Day" mode

Reaction score
Website
dattagroover.com
I have updated my firmware/software every time an update is available. THIS time, after a LONG update to my device (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge), it tells me to switch back to the Solo network (like always). I do, and connect with no problems. When I return to the Solo App, it asks me to now switch back AGAIN to my home network to download the update.

Again, and again, and again.

Anyone know how to break the loop?

I don't have an Edge so I feel sort of bad posting a response... But I had to turn on data for my app and use LTE to down load the update while connected by wifi to the controller. But that will only help if you have a data plan. My phone does not seem to want to download the update then install, but likes to "run the update" from the web?

I have the edge and i had to do it twice. the first time it did the same thing youre talking about. i started the whole process over and it worked fine.

I don't have an Edge so I feel sort of bad posting a response... But I had to turn on data for my app and use LTE to down load the update while connected by wifi to the controller. But that will only help if you have a data plan. My phone does not seem to want to download the update then install, but likes to "run the update" from the web?
The Edge works fine - and was connected to my home network when it did that. The problem is apparently in the Solo app software update.

But if I understand you correctly, are you saying you had both connections simultaneously (the Solo app to the internet via LTE, and the Solo app to the Solo Controller via WiFi)?

The Edge works fine - and was connected to my home network when it did that. The problem is apparently in the Solo app software update.

But if I understand you correctly, are you saying you had both connections simultaneously (the Solo app to the internet via LTE, and the Solo app to the Solo Controller via WiFi)?

Yes: app to internet via LTE and app to solo via wifi

Yes: app to internet via LTE and app to solo via wifi
That wouldn't work with mine- BUT you gave me an idea. Instead of relying on the Solo App to switch back, once it said begin to update the controller and Solo, I switched to the Solo network manually (NOT with the App) and then hit begin. It then worked. And updated.

The bad news is that I had a motor that was almost bad and my motors fired up for a second, then one motor burned out. 3DR had just sent me one motor on warranty, now I need to ask for another.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44