Harvey, the clean up and drones.

Or a small survival kit, first aid kit, medicines, inflatable PFD, 50 to 100 ft of high strength rope such as AmSteel, a cell phone, a GMRS/FRS radio... seriously, don't underestimate what getting a packet of beef jerky or your medicines delivered to you could mean. Or what communications equipment could enable.
I totally agree.:D I forgot about a radio- that would really be useful.

If drones kept under a 100' AGL, then it shouldn't be a problem. Too many helos flying day and night here. They should not have to concern themselves with areas that are under drone usage.

It's like survival stuff, how much is too much or did you bring the correct equipment. Drones should be eyes in the skies and nothing more. Thermal or visual....depending on the time of day. Let the boats or high water rescue vehicles do the job thereafter. In the context for what is being experienced in Houston

Reactions: Solo Keith
If drones kept under a 100' AGL, then it shouldn't be a problem. Too many helos flying day and night here. They should not have to concern themselves with areas that are under drone usage.

It's like survival stuff, how much is too much or did you bring the correct equipment. Drones should be eyes in the skies and nothing more. Thermal or visual....depending on the time of day. Let the boats or high water rescue vehicles do the job thereafter. In the context for what is being experienced in Houston

Agreed! [emoji1430]

I'd like to add, it should be members of the local community that activate such a program. Knowing the lay of the land and landmarks provides the most efficient means of communicating and coordinating a rescue or relief. People from outside are appreciated in a supporting role, but should not be the leading effort in a foreign environment.

I think each community's S&R efforts should have a relationship with the local hobbyist sUAS to be organized and trained for such an event. Similar to HAM radio operators, which was a life saving resource after IKE. We have plenty of civil volunteered organization that are called up when a disaster hits, why not sUAS from the civilian base.

Further, being 107 certified does not make you an expert pilot or that you have the ability to maintain your craft on site. I'm personally offended by any reference for that being a minimum requirement to support our neighbors in need... Like saying you need a CDL to drive a high water vehicle...

I was very interested in a local SAR group before getting a 107, and still would except man, the physical requirements for qualifying are beyond my old bones. I don't consider myself out of shape for my age but those requirements were killer. I certainly think they were fair and warranted though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M