Some good news coming from the 3DR office.

BTW anybody figure out how to strap a RAW capable camera micro 4/3rd or otherwise to the solo? seems very possible with the payload capacity. as a photographer I am very curious to see if anyone is doing this with a solo.

BTW anybody figure out how to strap a RAW capable camera micro 4/3rd or otherwise to the solo? seems very possible with the payload capacity. as a photographer I am very curious to see if anyone is doing this with a solo.
Hi,
I did install a Sequoia cam (multispectral) on a Solo, adding 230gr, keeping Gopro, losing flight time down to 13minutes (with 11x4,5" propellers).

Reactions: erikgraham
can you revert back to previous solo firmware also? Like whatever version it was in April of 16.

can you revert back to previous solo firmware also? Like whatever version it was in April of 16.
Yes, use the solo command (see link below) but you'll need to setup some stuff.

https://dev.3dr.com/starting-utils.html

You can choose the firmware version you want. Why do you want to revert?

Theres also some new pages on the ardupilot wiki also but I'd suggest you use the page above to start with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

when I got my solo, I unboxed it and updated to the current version at the time, when the next version came out I heard there may be some bugs with it, so I never updated. From the start I never had any trouble with my solo, until one day I overloaded the memory on my tablet with the auto save video feed feature, so that caused my tablet to get sluggish and wig out. So in the process of figuring that out, I couldn't remember my password and ended up having to reset and reconnect my drone to the controller. At that time, I was forced to update to the current version and have had troubles and slow connections ever since. I don't use the smart features that much, basically never, so the new features aren't that important to me yet. I do need to start using those... I bought the solo for a boating trip from Seattle to Alaska to document different places we stayed and things we saw along the way. (youtube "matts 3dr" should bring up some shots, more to come) One of my top to do's (flys) was the glaciers at Tracey's arm in Alaska and that was the one place that I had the most problem, I could not get it to connect to the controller and then after fighting it and even trying my backup solo, we were forced to leave as the tide was changing and the ice was going to lock us in, So I wasn't able to fly the glacier (very sad moment!). ( the backup solo would connect to its remote, but I couldn't seem to get the gopro to connect fully, so I had to pass....)

I will try the new update, and if no good luck, will revert back to the beginning to see if that helps. I did read about a battery update for the gps yesterday that may take care of some of my issues. will have to try that also.

haha the thread title always throws me off
i'm thinking they've somehow announced a gopro5 gimbal or sthing and click in only to be disappointed
forget about this for a bit...then rinse and repeat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea