Greencube

need no
do you want it is a better question
You want it if
You want to use new features on solo (IE boat mode)
You want to use new hardware on solo (Canbus ESCs, Obstacle Avoidance and Flow, long range radios... more)
You want to keep a solo with all its strength current with Arducopter

need no
do you want it is a better question
You want it if
You want to use new features on solo (IE boat mode)
You want to use new hardware on solo (Canbus ESCs, Obstacle Avoidance and Flow, long range radios... more)
You want to keep a solo with all its strength current with Arducopter
Do you need to solder to install the green cube? Or is it plug and play? I have no idea how to solder......oh, and do you have the link to wherever you bought yours? Thanks in advance!

No. The cube and ArduCopter can handle basically as many motors as you want to throw at it.

If you are not using the stock Solo motor pods for your DIY, I'd recommend using the black Pixhawk 2.1. No need to go green for a DIY.
Thanks Andrew,

The bigger story is that I plan on an 8-engine drone in the future and am looking at this as my first step into the DIY world. One of my Solos took a swim this spring and has some video problems. I'm looking at GC as a way to get a usable drone and stick my toe in the DIY world.

From what I've read GC will be both familiar and and expandable.

Does this make sense?

Just to be sure we are on the same page, the stock Solo motherboard will not support more than 4 motors, although the Pixhawk (with Arducopter master) can handle any number of motors

Just to be sure we are on the same page, the stock Solo motherboard will not support more than 4 motors, although the Pixhawk (with Arducopter master) can handle any number of motors
Thanks for checking, I'm not planning on trying to put a Solo MB into anything with more than 4 motors.

In the future I want to build an octo-drone.

Putting a GC into my broken Solo seems like a good first step. I'd get used to the GC and have something i could use in a larger drone.

I really appreciate the help. So i should use the black 2.1 in my existing solo that has stock pods.

Later, when I build an 8-pod DIY what would you recommend..?

A stock solo should use the green one. It is preset for 5 volt signalling. The black one can do it too, but you need to open it up and change a solder jumper from 3.3v to 5v signalling. That's the only difference between the two (other than the color).

A DIY vehicle can use either, but there is no sense in buying the green one for that.

I really appreciate the help. So i should use the black 2.1 in my existing solo that has stock pods.

Later, when I build an 8-pod DIY what would you recommend..?
No green cube 2.1 in stock solo
Normal black 2.1 cube on diy. Not the black one in solo that is a pixhawk 2. save it for parts.
Just got my solo imx6 tonight. Going to hook that to my diy

It actually flies pretty nice, will most likely replace my prime when it all settles in as official. Which should be arducopter 3.5 stable. We are at rc7 right now

[QUOTE = "Pedals2Paddles, почта: 109471, член: 4940"] Запас соло должен использовать зеленый. Он предварительно в течение 5 вольт сигнализации. Черный тоже может это делать, но вы должны открыть его и изменить припой перемычку от 3.3v к сигнализации 5v. Это единственное различие между ними (кроме цвета).

Сделай сам автомобиль может использовать любой, но нет никакого смысла в покупке зеленого цвета для этого. [/ QUOTE]
Can be in more detail?:)

Then you need to use Solex or winscp to flash the firmware

I am fine with camera firmware or PC BIOS flashing, but with a flying Solo me kinda scared...:(
Scared it failed and my Solo hit someone in the face.
Is there safety protocol in place to make sure firmware all good into green cube ?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44