GPS issues: Android Oreo with solo 2.4.2

I was contemplating trying open solo. However I was trying to confirm if that would fix my issue or not before I did so. Have you tried all the follow me modes with solex and open solo without issue?

Last I knew the follow me mode did not work with Android using 3DR Firmware. It was a known problem. I think it is the 3DR app for Android and not the firmware on the Solo.
I get the same issue when I use solex as I do when I use the 3dr solo app

I've just used the standard GPS follow me mode on Solex with no issues. I haven't used the look at me (for what?) or the optical follow mode in Solex.

I've just used the standard GPS follow me mode on Solex with no issues. I haven't used the look at me (for what?) or the optical follow mode in Solex.

Do you use open solo with solex?

I use my solo to record a lot of wakeboarding video edits. I use the free look follow me mode so I can change video angles during filming. With that mode the drone will fly itself while I focus on the camera angles. It worked great with my galaxy s8 before the solo forced the firmware upgrade to 2.4.2. Ever since then that follow me mode doesnt work with any samsung android device I have, regardless of android version. I have the same issue whether or I use the stock 3dr app or solex. I would like to do the open solo upgrade but I was trying to get confirmation that this upgrade would fix it before I went through the trouble. I can currently make it work with 2.4.2 using an iphone, but then I get the known black screen error where I have to re-open the app like 3 times to get the video to show.

Do you use open solo with solex?

I use my solo to record a lot of wakeboarding video edits. I use the free look follow me mode so I can change video angles during filming. With that mode the drone will fly itself while I focus on the camera angles. It worked great with my galaxy s8 before the solo forced the firmware upgrade to 2.4.2. Ever since then that follow me mode doesnt work with any samsung android device I have, regardless of android version. I have the same issue whether or I use the stock 3dr app or solex. I would like to do the open solo upgrade but I was trying to get confirmation that this upgrade would fix it before I went through the trouble. I can currently make it work with 2.4.2 using an iphone, but then I get the known black screen error where I have to re-open the app like 3 times to get the video to show.

Yes, Solex is the only app I use for controlling my drone. So stock solo's and open solo's all using Solex to operate them. The only reason I have a stock solo is for helping to trouble shoot other people's solo's who haven't done the upgrade.
Since your "follow me" mode isn't working you really don't have anything to lose by upgrading to open solo, after all it's free, doesn't require any hardware upgrades (the green cube is suggested, but not needed). The worst thing that happens, your problem isn't fixed. The best thing that happens, it gets fixed.

Yes, Solex is the only app I use for controlling my drone. So stock solo's and open solo's all using Solex to operate them. The only reason I have a stock solo is for helping to trouble shoot other people's solo's who haven't done the upgrade.
Since your "follow me" mode isn't working you really don't have anything to lose by upgrading to open solo, after all it's free, doesn't require any hardware upgrades (the green cube is suggested, but not needed). The worst thing that happens, your problem isn't fixed. The best thing that happens, it gets fixed.
The solo follow me does work.... but only with an IPhone. So I technically have a working version right now.... It's just not ideal. If I upgrade to open solo then there is no going back to 2.4.2 correct? Does open solo work with iPhone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc