Gopro not responding reliably to the app

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I am having an issue with my GPH3b not recording when the app indicates it is. The app record button is flashing but the camera tally light is not flashing and it is not recording. In another instance, when the record button was pressed, it changes to a small square then immediately back to the large circle.

During trouble shooting I noted that there is consistently a 4-6 second delay between pressing the stop button and hearing the camera response. If I press the record button again during this delay, the camera will no longer respond to the app 100% of the time. The button will change for a second or two then return to a large icon.

During the entire time the app is displaying great video. In one instance, I downloaded a large file. GoPro Studio showed it was a 5.2 minute file but the motion only lasted about 6 seconds and the image froze for the remaining time. I don't see how that is a solo issue and leads me to suspect the camera is the culprit. I have tested the camera off the quad and it seems to work fine. Biggest problem with this whole issue is it is intermittent. I have been a test pilot for over 40 years and have learned that "intermittent" is the scariest word in the english language.

I have the camera set at 1080/60 and protune is off. I have the app loaded on an iPad Mini. All of the software is up to date.

I guess my question is: Are other operators having similar issues?

I have noticed similar reliability issues with my 3+ black. Next time I fly I'll report back if I have issues again.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I noticed on my H3 Black +, when I fly I can not switch between film and photo.
If the Solo is not flying it switch Ok but NOT in the AIR.????

On my GoPro 4 Black, sometimes after I power down the Solo, my camera is hung, and I need to remove it from the Solo and either remove its battery or hold the power button for a very long time to power it off.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

I have had hangs in flight. Takes a battery pull to solve it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

my hero 4 black sometimes shows a white circle and no live video on screen,instead of red record button, i have to reboot app and power off camera to get it to record mode, I notice it does this if i dont push record right away, My fix is to push record button on screen soon after app controller and drone are all power on then its fine then when I'M airborn it seems to work fine.

I haven't had the same issues on a hero 4 black, however, I have discovered that I do need to double check that the GoPro is firmly seated into the connector on the back. Even when I click the GoPro into the gimbal and it looks fine, I still push it in a bit just be sure it's firmly seated. Ever since i started doing that, I haven't had issues.

Reactions: teeminus10
my hero 4 black sometimes shows a white circle and no live video on screen,instead of red record button, i have to reboot app and power off camera to get it to record mode, I notice it does this if i dont push record right away, My fix is to push record button on screen soon after app controller and drone are all power on then its fine then when I'M airborn it seems to work fine.
I'm having the same problem occasionally. I've been turning Solo and GoPro off and back on to fix. It's a relatively new problem, so I don't know what could have triggered it.

I'm having the same problem occasionally. I've been turning Solo and GoPro off and back on to fix. It's a relatively new problem, so I don't know what could have triggered it.
When the gopro Is showing a white circle instead of red record button, the camera is frozen and not showing live view, when I hold the power button to turn off and restart app it usually clears up, sometimes I have to remove battery also, everything was updated prior to using so I don't know if this was a problem before any updates

Reactions: Maddog
Hi to all,

I am having an issue with my GPH3b not recording when the app indicates it is. The app record button is flashing but the camera tally light is not flashing and it is not recording. In another instance, when the record button was pressed, it changes to a small square then immediately back to the large circle.

During trouble shooting I noted that there is consistently a 4-6 second delay between pressing the stop button and hearing the camera response. If I press the record button again during this delay, the camera will no longer respond to the app 100% of the time. The button will change for a second or two then return to a large icon.

During the entire time the app is displaying great video. In one instance, I downloaded a large file. GoPro Studio showed it was a 5.2 minute file but the motion only lasted about 6 seconds and the image froze for the remaining time. I don't see how that is a solo issue and leads me to suspect the camera is the culprit. I have tested the camera off the quad and it seems to work fine. Biggest problem with this whole issue is it is intermittent. I have been a test pilot for over 40 years and have learned that "intermittent" is the scariest word in the english language.

I have the camera set at 1080/60 and protune is off. I have the app loaded on an iPad Mini. All of the software is up to date.

I guess my question is: Are other operators having similar issues?
I had some issues with a GPH3b a while back nothing to do with solo but it had an intermittent Rec function and then would lock up and you couldn't do a thing, I had them set up so that it was a one button push to Record and they are set as 1080/50 (Pal)and I recall pro tune was on, I have 2 GPH3b's and I thought it being strange that one did it and not the other, as a fix I just took the battery out and reset and it seemed to be Ok it only happened a couple of times but it was the newer 3b that was doing it, but I never really solved the problem. Not much help I know. John.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo