GO Pro not turning off and on....

Reaction score
It's probably operator head-space BUT after installing the update and gimbal and firing things up i didn't have a video feed. I noticed the camera was not on (as it's clipped in the gimbal) so i manually pushed the power button on the go pro and this made the video feed come on and it worked fine. I flew (it was perfect by the way rock solid) and things worked well with the gimbal and recording. When I landed i shut everything down and noticed the camera was still on. I tried to manually shut it off...no luck even after removing it from the gimbal...the only way i was able to shut it off was pull the battery. I'm quite certain the camera should power up and shut down with the solo.....maybe i have something on the gopro set incorrectly and due to a lack of instructions from 3dr on gopro setup after installing the gimbal (for instance you have to invert the camera again because we had it mounted upside down with the manual mount...did i miss that in the instructions???) I am wondering what others are encountering?????

It's probably operator head-space BUT after installing the update and gimbal and firing things up i didn't have a video feed. I noticed the camera was not on (as it's clipped in the gimbal) so i manually pushed the power button on the go pro and this made the video feed come on and it worked fine. I flew (it was perfect by the way rock solid) and things worked well with the gimbal and recording. When I landed i shut everything down and noticed the camera was still on. I tried to manually shut it off...no luck even after removing it from the gimbal...the only way i was able to shut it off was pull the battery. I'm quite certain the camera should power up and shut down with the solo.....maybe i have something on the gopro set incorrectly and due to a lack of instructions from 3dr on gopro setup after installing the gimbal (for instance you have to invert the camera again because we had it mounted upside down with the manual mount...did i miss that in the instructions???) I am wondering what others are encountering?????
Wish I could help. I have no gimbal yet......as soon as all these folks out flying with their awesome gimbals get done, someone will chime in.

At least we're not talking about fly aways like on that other forum.

I have had mp GP 4 hang a couple times and had to pull the battery, but not in the gimbal or flying, just casual use. You still have to power the GP on before you fly. Whether that is coming in the future features release I don't know. I don't think it is a big deal though, every camera I have ever owned had to be turned on before use.

After flying a couple more times I've come to the conclusion that you do have to turn it off and on as part of the startup/shutdown procedure....and finally it's turning off manually after flying!

After flying a couple more times I've come to the conclusion that you do have to turn it off and on as part of the startup/shutdown procedure....and finally it's turning off manually after flying!
The gimbal will not power down the GoPro. How would you turn it back on? In order to turn off the GoPro you have to hold down the button for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M