Gimbal Shipped

Wait. Hold it. So your saying that your gimbal shipped?

Or is this just made up to tortoo late to call drone fly tonight I'll call them in our own find out for sure
Wait. Hold it. So your saying that your gimbal shipped?

Or is this just made up to torture us.
too late to call dronefly tonight . I'll call them tomorrow and find out for sure.

Its a goof I am sure. There are no gimbals to ship.

3DR is taking a lot of heat over the gimbal and you will see at least two more news releases about how well it is coming along before it actually gets packaged go out the door.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
Its a goof I am sure. There are no gimbals to ship.

3DR is taking a lot of heat over the gimbal and you will see at least two more news releases about how well it is coming along before it actually gets packaged go out the door.
my solo on the way no battery no Gamble.

Theyre wrapping up the recent gimbal coding in the github branches the last 18 -24 hrs

best buy is showing the gimbal as available
This was a system mistake. Gimbal and backpack were SUPPOSED to be released on July 12th so they automatically flipped to "available" however there was no actual inventory so you couldn't buy one.

Bestbuy has since changed these back to "Coming Soon" and since they had to manually do it, they will likely be way late on manually turning them back on once the gimbal actually comes out. :\ I will do my best to pressure them to get it online as soon as possible

This was a system mistake. Gimbal and backpack were SUPPOSED to be released on July 12th so they automatically flipped to "available" however there was no actual inventory so you couldn't buy one.

Bestbuy has since changed these back to "Coming Soon" and since they had to manually do it, they will likely be way late on manually turning them back on once the gimbal actually comes out. :\ I will do my best to pressure them to get it online as soon as possible

Tracking #1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Shipping Method: EXPEDITED DELIVERY
  • Scheduled Arrival Date: 07/20/15

Tracking #2: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Shipping Method: STANDARD
  • Scheduled Arrival Date: 07/21/15

Note: Signature may be required upon delivery

Item Qty Item Description
GOH4AB 1 HERO4 Black
GOLCDTBP3G 1 LCD Touch BacPac
3DRSOLO 1 Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal)
3DBT11A 1 Smart Battery for Solo Quadcopter

Was told that only Hero4 black & BacPac was available, Then to my surprise, 3DR Solo with Free battery was sent off.
Asked when they expect Gimbal to ship to me, they said early August?

Bought from B&H.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Just ordered a Yuneec Q500 4k to add to our aerial arsenal of ENG aircraft. Told end of month for availability....lets see... that's in 10 days, considering I pre ordered a Solo on the 4th of May and never got it, I reckon 10 days isn't too bad. Flew a Q500 1080p the other day and other than not having Lightbridge for distance it was every bit as enjoyable as flying our new P3, actually maybe better cause you really don't have to worry about fly aways and firmware crashes with the Yuneec...

you really don't have to worry about fly aways and firmware crashes with the Yuneec...

Why is that Ken? Don't you have to worry about that with anything? I know people have had issues with DJI but after hundreds of flights and over 500 miles of flying with the Phantoms I have yet to experience it personally.

So just curious, why you have so much faith in the Yuneec? Everything I read about 3DR prior to purchasing would lead to me believe it would be more stable than the DJI product however at this point if I need to trust something over people, etc. I would fly the P3 and not the Solo.

I never got an email from them at all, never got confirmation email for order. I emailed 3dr and never heard back from them. Customer service sucks. Why even buy from them if I can just go down the street and order from best buy and have my props and what not today.
All I got was an email from UPS that says the exact same times! ...

Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 07/14/2015, By End of Day
Last Location:
Louisville, KY, United States, Sunday, 07/12/2015
Special Instructions:
Signature Required
Shipment Progress
Location Date Local Time Activity
Louisville, KY, United States 07/12/2015 9:50 A.M. Import Scan
07/12/2015 9:46 A.M. Your package will be held at a warehouse until it is released by the clearance agency.
07/12/2015 7:37 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 07/11/2015 8:29 P.M. Departure Scan
07/11/2015 6:11 P.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 07/12/2015 12:19 A.M. Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 07/11/2015 4:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 07/11/2015 3:00 P.M. Departure Scan
07/11/2015 2:00 P.M. Export Scan
07/11/2015 2:00 P.M. Origin Scan
China 07/11/2015 9:00 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Any update?

Why is that Ken? Don't you have to worry about that with anything? I know people have had issues with DJI but after hundreds of flights and over 500 miles of flying with the Phantoms I have yet to experience it personally.

So just curious, why you have so much faith in the Yuneec? Everything I read about 3DR prior to purchasing would lead to me believe it would be more stable than the DJI product however at this point if I need to trust something over people, etc. I would fly the P3 and not the Solo.
Hi Rich, actually this will be our first experience with Yuneec, I have a friend that's flying a 1080p 500 and also a similar Blade Chroma, by Yuneec. I flew his the other day and what a difference, (compared to Phantom), not in a bad way, just a different flying experience, was a pleasant change. So we have Parrots, Blade350 QX, DJI's, and now thought we'd try a Yuneec. I think it's going to be fine for what we do, everything under 200 feet, usually not further than three hundreds yards away. Parts for my P2 are gong to become more difficult to locate by the end of year, UAV Direct and other major UAV Dealers have indicated some back order issues on P3 parts from China so I just thought what the heck, lets go American made. I still haven't totally written off the Solo, but you know how long you and I waited from the beginning of May on our pre orders, I guess you were able to get yours, I never did, so after 9 weeks I cancelled pre order and allocated those funds to a P3, It's OK, not much different than P2 as far as flying goes so I just wanted to try something else out, i.e. the Yuneec. So I guess to finally answer your question..I don't have enough time in the air with the Q5004K yet to say I have faith in it. It's supposed to arrive around the 28th so by the second week in August I should be able to share more. I'm going to stick around on the Solo pilots page, not to slam anything but rather just to keep informed on the Solo as I'm pretty sure once all the bugs are worked out we'll pick one up later this year or first of next.

Thanks for update. I have no experience with them so just curious to what tripped your trigger with them.

Yes, I have my Solo finally but for the most part its grounded. Its not really usable without a gimbal and not much fun to fly so the P3P has been getting all the stick time.

Keep us posted Ken. Thanks for the follow up.

Reactions: 50wyldeman
Hi Rich, actually this will be our first experience with Yuneec, I have a friend that's flying a 1080p 500 and also a similar Blade Chroma, by Yuneec. I flew his the other day and what a difference, (compared to Phantom), not in a bad way, just a different flying experience, was a pleasant change. So we have Parrots, Blade350 QX, DJI's, and now thought we'd try a Yuneec. I think it's going to be fine for what we do, everything under 200 feet, usually not further than three hundreds yards away. Parts for my P2 are gong to become more difficult to locate by the end of year, UAV Direct and other major UAV Dealers have indicated some back order issues on P3 parts from China so I just thought what the heck, lets go American made. I still haven't totally written off the Solo, but you know how long you and I waited from the beginning of May on our pre orders, I guess you were able to get yours, I never did, so after 9 weeks I cancelled pre order and allocated those funds to a P3, It's OK, not much different than P2 as far as flying goes so I just wanted to try something else out, i.e. the Yuneec. So I guess to finally answer your question..I don't have enough time in the air with the Q5004K yet to say I have faith in it. It's supposed to arrive around the 28th so by the second week in August I should be able to share more. I'm going to stick around on the Solo pilots page, not to slam anything but rather just to keep informed on the Solo as I'm pretty sure once all the bugs are worked out we'll pick one up later this year or first of next.
DJI favorite word of the day: i will give you 30% discount for your drone repair (massive of inspire, phantom fly away, crash itself)

Reactions: Raybro
I ordered mine with the intention of going on vacation for 2 weeks in maui. i put my friends address to ship to so if it comes in while i am there, he will FEDEX it to me if there is enough time left. also if it does come, there is someone there to sign for it even if there is not a enough time to send it to hawaii..

Yea kinda expected that. Sorry dude. I think you have about a 50/50 chance to get gimbal for your vacation.

Reactions: SteveReno
Well we are down to 10 days. So getting close. Hope you get it. Would love to see some Maui footage from Solo. You could be the first !

Rich:
I have also been watching the Solo forum and just ordered the Yuneec Q500 4k. I really want the Solo once it's truly ready for the masses. It's just not there yet as a 1st generation product. Too many "gremlins" still in the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered mine with the intention of going on vacation for 2 weeks in maui. i put my friends address to ship to so if it comes in while i am there, he will FEDEX it to me if there is enough time left. also if it does come, there is someone there to sign for it even if there is not a enough time to send it to hawaii..
Maui is a photographer's Dream! I was there for 3 months and still can't wait to go back.
South side "Wailea/Makena" Very hot! Great place to start. Northern Kaanapali Much cooler, but always windy, many surfers.
Take Honoapiilani Hwy north. youll love it!

Aloha

Went to HNL in February and it was amazing yesterday were talking about exactly how awesome would have been the Solo in that trip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150