Gimbal Shipped

I already did Maui with Solo on June 19th-27th. I am still editing footage but I can post some real soon. I had some issues with Solo while I was there and was unable to get support so my flight time was limited. Early afternoon was windy almost every day so mornings were the best time to fly.

I meant first with gimbal. As far as I am concerned the Solo is useless for video now. Might catch a few decent timelapse shots but that's it.

For now I just flying the white one :)

Why is that Ken? Don't you have to worry about that with anything? I know people have had issues with DJI but after hundreds of flights and over 500 miles of flying with the Phantoms I have yet to experience it personally.

So just curious, why you have so much faith in the Yuneec? Everything I read about 3DR prior to purchasing would lead to me believe it would be more stable than the DJI product however at this point if I need to trust something over people, etc. I would fly the P3 and not the Solo.
Rich, it is because the Q500 flies so slow, if it takes off on a fly-away you just set the radio down and walk fast and catch it...

Seriously though, they are not supposed to have fly-aways, not sure why they make that claim, but I don't recall hearing of any. I own the first version, and it has some of the smoothest video I've ever seen from a quad. But it feels slow and lumbering compared to the Phantoms or the Solo. But for photography, they are a perfect vehicle.

LOL, I am not that fast. Are you sure?

Well cant wait to hear about it and see 4k footage !

Yeah he will hopefully get a gimbal before he goes. I have another 7-days of time share I can use in August I'm debating whether I want to go again or trade my time for 7-weeks in places like Tahiti etc.

I had an email conversation with 3DR about the free battery issue a couple of days ago. I was told that the batteries, whether spare or free, would ship AFTER all pre-orders for the Solo have shipped! That is essentially an indefinite period of time in my book. Here is a part of 3DR's response:

"What happens is that we are fulfilling all of the backorders, once we are finished and we are not longer behind, we will start shipping out the Solo batteries.

We are working as much as we can to get this done as soon as possible, I am sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused."

Not what I would call encouraging.
So, Best Buy has batteries?

Fry's in Walnut Creek, California has 3DR Solos! I purchased one! You don't get a free battery and they said you cannot return it after you walkout the store.

I purchased two extra batteries from Best Buy in Pinole (1) and Milpitas (1), California. These were the last that they had.

I pre-ordered my 3DR Solo on 4-19-2015, I would check there site from time, one day a click on the order number and got an Error 500 page with Solo flying on the page. I call them about several times, finally they said my pre-order expired, what? They had know explanation, just I'm sorry. We can put you on the priority list! I paid for just the Solo (7-09-2015), I was told I would have a tracking number in an email by the end of the day, nothing. I waited a day, and on the third day I call again, still nothing. I speak to a manager still no tracking number, but the money was deducted for my account. On 7-16-2015, I called 3DR to cancel my order for the Solo. They could not track down the location of my order. She it will take 3 to 5 business day to get my money back. She also promised me an update, nothing! This is just bad business, period!

Fry's in Walnut Creek, California has 3DR Solos! I purchased one! You don't get a free battery and they said you cannot return it after you walkout the store.
That's probably a good policy. BB was swapping them out without question. I wonder if they still do that? So if you have a problem you would contact 3DR and they would decide what to do.

I wonder. With the batteries, obviously, they only purchased enough production early on to meet demand for the boxed Solo units thereby making the battery difficult to purchase separately.

Assuming an even tighter supply of gimbals than batteries, will they favor stand alone retail sales of the gimbal, or will they favor retail Solos "with gimbal" packaging. Doubt they can do both. Just hard to imagine they are going to be producing gimbals in serious #s. Could be a long wait... :)

Better not be long wait for me. If I get screwed with the gimbal like I did being an early pre-order I will be done. My patience is just about exhausted with these guys.

My patience is about strapped as well. We better not see people pulling them from best buy before the early adopter pre orders from 3DR. I'm not about to bite on the pre-order back pack hoax either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny