Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've noticed that my horizon gets an angle of 2 or 3 degrees... Is there a way to set the roll of the gimbal ?

horizon-gimbal-1.jpg
horizon-gimbal-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Pascal- welcome to the forum!

There is no "adjustment" for the gimbal. Just make sure it is properly balanced for your camera.

Make sure all firmware and software is up to date.

It wouldn't hurt to do a level and magnetic calibration but I'm not sure if that will help.

You might need to open a support ticket with 3DR. Are you in the U.S.?

Hi everyone, I've noticed that my horizon gets an angle of 2 or 3 degrees... Is there a way to set the roll of the gimbal ?

I was having the same problem. Did a compass calibration today out in the field well away from any significant metal. I think it may have worked. More flights needed to check.

Hi Maddog,
the camera is well balanced with small weight here and there.
Updates are done.
I did the calibration outside.
I've open a ticket with 3DR and still waiting for their answer.
I am from France (Brittany).

Hi hobo solo,
same as Maddog.

Last week, I've sent my solo and the gimbal to the store. I will have some news for the end of this week, next one maybe.
I'll let you know.

Keep in touch. Thanks !
Pascal
Architecture Photographer (www.pascalleopold.com)

Watching. I'm in the UK. On further inspection. Anything but an incredibly slow yaw creates the same problem for me.

Hi,
so I've sent back to my store (StudioSport / France) with the PeauPro82 and ask them to try with another gimbal.
They test it and notice that there were not anymore problem of level. So they change the gimbal... Thanks them !
By the way, first they also tried my gimbal with a stock gopro without any problem...

Leopold-LevelOK.jpg

hummmphhh. Just did a few orbits. Still having the same problem. Gimbal leaning slightly in the direction away from the orbit. Wonder if I'm being too picky. Support ticket submitted. Gimbal also does a crazy slow dance when left powered on (camera in) sitting on the ground.

level calibration will do more to fix this than compass
also might try a stick calibration

Level calibration also done. Stick calibration? What would that have to do with the gimbal not holding level?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc