Gimbal Lock

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has found an alternative to the stock foam gimbal protector that comes with the gimbal. Anyone have any good ideas or solutions for a Gimbal Lock?

I just use the original foam once I cut off the annoying tab with an exacto knife to make it slide in and out easily. There are others available though, Just search Solo starter kit on ebay and some usually pop up with leg extensions and stabilizing feet for the controller.

Reactions: algojo
What is wrong with the original foam lock?
One thing is... it's dark in color and (in the past, prior to the GP4 update) may be initially forgotten on start-up by certain individuals. :oops:

The third-party variations are colorful and purty...

I've never used any kind of gimbal lock on any gimbals. When power is off, brushless motors don't care what position they are in, and when powered on I would rather had forgot to put a camera in there than power it up locked in a fixed position where it can't move. No problems with the Solo gimbal since installed almost 14 months ago. YMMV..

I agree with Jubalr. I haven't used a gimbal lock either. If you use the 3DR backpack it's pretty unnecessary anyway as the foam at the bottom of the pack holds the gimbal in place pretty securely when solo is inserted all the way.

I have 3 Solos now, and 3 ways to cart them around... the backpack, the HPRC2700 hard case (made with Solo foam), and of course, the one I use most, a LowePro generic soft case. There is no padding or foam stops for the gimbal in that soft case. So, you don't think that bouncing around in the back of my little truck, in that non-padded case, will hurt the gimbal with the GP mounted?

I just use the original foam once I cut off the annoying tab with an exacto knife to make it slide in and out easily. There are others available though, Just search Solo starter kit on ebay and some usually pop up with leg extensions and stabilizing feet for the controller.

I cut that same bloody foam tab....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44