Gimbal has no power

Reaction score
The gimbal was working fine until the other day while trying to add a modification I somehow blew out the gopro. I currently am waiting for my gopro to be returned, until then my main question is. Does the camera have to be installed for the go pro power up, or does the gimbal have power rather camera is installed or not?

The gimbal was working fine until the other day while trying to add a modification I somehow blew out the gopro. I currently am waiting for my gopro to be returned, until then my main question is. Does the camera have to be installed for the go pro power up, or does the gimbal have power rather camera is installed or not?
I'm betting you blew the little pcb-mount fuse on the gimbal, too.

What exactly were you doing?

I was trying to hook up a release mechanism, with just a plug I bought that plugs into the accessory bay. I was using a tester to try and see what pins to use for the power source, and I think I might have shorted something out by touching to pins together. the plug pin are very close together. I know while testing the solo was upside down, so the gimbal motors where inactive but it still had power. All of a sudden I heard the power go out, so I check the camera and the power was off. Tried turning the camera on, even took it out of the gimbal with no success. At least the camera still had a warranty so I am getting that fixed now. I am interesting with learning about this fuse you are talking about.

check the power that goes to the bimbal plug, it is the red and the black wire on the cable that comes from the Solo mainboard

there are test points available on the gimbal top pcb to let you meter it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl