Gimbal blinking green but freaking out/unresponsive

Reaction score
Really hoping someone can help me out here...

Just got the stock gimbal in the mail for my refurb Solo, trying to fly with a gopro4 black

I took extra precaution packing the wires, level and compass calibrated, and all systems are up to date (5.0 on gopro)

when I turn on the drone the gimbal just starts shaking or having a full-blown seizure..recognized by controller but not controllable..what's going on?????!

thank you kindly in advance

I believe the 5.0 firmware is known to be problematic.....but it also sounds like the gimbal internal IMU is sending bad info. Does it have a seizure in all three axes?

I believe the 5.0 firmware is known to be problematic.....but it also sounds like the gimbal internal IMU is sending bad info. Does it have a seizure in all three axes?

hmm you tell me
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

if there's a way to downgrade my gopro software i'll gladly do it!

Yours looked to have two axes of disturbed motion, at least. Tilt and roll.

I've never attempted this procedure because I've been lucky enough to have functioning gimbals . Sorry.

Did you plug in both cables inside? I didnt see second cable the first time I Installed the gimbal.

it seems you have a defective IMU in your gimbal, do you have another gimbal to try out ?

I'm beginning to suspect 3dr's manufacturer slacked off on the solder inspections. I'm running across more than a couple cold joints and solder bridges... maybe I'll buy a bunch of Invensense chips and do some reflow work on the side. :p:D

I tried this today to no success..the dude in the video mentions just moving values up and down for the tilt on Mission Planner, but i'm not seeing any change in the vibration/shake :'(
You have to make a change in value and have the setting take. The guy in the video doesn't do that since his is fixed. He is not a pro making youtube clips, but just a guy.
Once that change takes effect the gimbal resets and you can put the old values back. He says if that doesn't work the board is bad and I agree.
My ebay parts gimbal was too far gone to be repaired with the MP method.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo