Gimbal available today at Best Buy

Drove from Austin to Waco to pick it up. But at least I can finally join the ranks of those with one instead of without one!

I ordered one at BB online and mine is still showing as 'processing' also. I called BB and the phone rep says it's on a dock waiting to be picked up by UPS. He even gave me the tracking number.

He explained, that for some reason, if UPS hasn't picked up the package yet, and the tracking number doesn't show as valid from UPS yet, then the BB online system will still show 'processing'.

I don't know why it hasn't shipped yet, he doesn't know either, but perhaps because it's free ground shipping and won't get here until next week they are not in a hurry to put it on a truck?

So if you're showing as 'processing' you should be ok.

I ordered one at BB online and mine is still showing as 'processing' also. I called BB and the phone rep says it's on a dock waiting to be picked up by UPS. He even gave me the tracking number.

He explained, that for some reason, if UPS hasn't picked up the package yet, and the tracking number doesn't show as valid from UPS yet, then the BB online system will still show 'processing'.

I don't know why it hasn't shipped yet, he doesn't know either, but perhaps because it's free ground shipping and won't get here until next week they are not in a hurry to put it on a truck?

So if you're showing as 'processing' you should be ok.

Mine was shipped yesterday with an expected delivery of today. It hasn't budged. I guess it was never picked up by UPS yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed it gets on a truck today.

According to the three stores I called around Chicagoland, not only are they out online but in all stores in the region (one store claiming it's an online-only item). I still have one on order from 3DR themselves from a week ago, but I'd like it in my hands sooner: I have upcoming gigs to film at the end of the month.
The worst part is that I was checking BB's site a couple times a day--seems I checked in about 2 hours before they went online and didn't check back until after they were sold out.

Last edited:
I'm on here every
According to the three stores I called around Chicagoland, not only are they out online but in all stores in the region (one store claiming it's an online-only item). I still have one on order from 3DR themselves from a week ago, but I'd like it in my hands sooner: I have upcoming gigs to film at the end of the month.
The worst part is that I was checking BB's site a couple times a day--seems I checked in about 2 hours before they went online and didn't check back until after they were sold out.
yea I've been checking every hour or two for months but got stuck at work for a 15 hour shift and was sleeping the one day it came,checked an hour after it was up and poof, gone. They had to have less than a hundred total to be gone that fast pretty fn ridiculous that's what we've all been waiting for. I'm seriously considering selling solo if I don't get lucky somehow. None even showed up at any stores around here period, actually I'm not sure if any hit shelves at all really.

Reactions: Rocket
Sad part is I've thought about buying from eBay I'd pay 500 maybe 550 even just to be done with it but 650 is just too high, I'm far from rich unfortunately.

It was at the Vernon Hills store around 2 yesterday but I didn't want to deal with the traffic (I'm in Algonquin) so I ordered online. Shortly after it said no longer available in store. My order showed processing until about 1 today then I got the shipment notice. Whats funny is I got a shipment notice from BH just after. Looks like two are on a UPS truck heading my way.

Well I thought I would give an update on my gimbal from Best Buy. I came in just now and it was sitting on my desk at work. Just delivered this morning from UPS. I checked my order status at BB and it still says "Preparing". So don't always rely on what the site is telling you.

Bestbuy gimbal installed. Ran two batteries. All good. What a difference!
Installed mine last night. 3 flights and zero issues. I removed the battery try to ensure the yaw motor was clear. If you follow the routing instructions in the flight school video you will be fine.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig