Fully charged battery reads 0 Volts on app.

It was a bad motor pod. I would try disconnecting one at a time and see if that works. The other issue would be the green and white wires connected to the battery connection point.I would also check the voltage at the board to confirm you have a good connection.
If this issue still persists then send a trouble ticket in because I am now having a similar issue on a refurbished unit they sent me.
Batt shows 50%
App shows 0%
TX shows 0% ( not red)

Using Tower or Mission Planner, double check that the Batt_Capacity parameter is 5200. I have seen where this had somehow got changed and gave a 0 or 1% reading. Wouldn't hurt to check..

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexvtt
I got this problem after calibrating my sensors. Spent about 30 minutes swaping between my 2 fully charged batteries & after many swaps, the app read 94% and I was able to use my solo. When I swapped the battery again, got the same problem. Anybody has contacted 3DR to see what they say about this?

I have had similar issues lately. Started my Solo up with a fully charged battery and immediately received a 10% warning. I shut the unit down and restarted it everything seemed OK, but after take off the Solo went up to about 80 feet or so and then went into return home mode.

I sent my info to customer support and am waiting for feed back.

Try it

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the rese

Try it

From Tower App
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the rese
Thanks, that seemed to have fixed it...

Try it

From Tower App

Okay thanks for posting that it worked for me but you forgot to give credit to SteveReno for the original post and you did a terrible job explaining what was going to happen.

For everyone with a 0% battery problem that is not hardware related, there are like 20 or so battery reading parameters that can cause the problem. what DIMitry posted is a EEPROM reset, and essentialy it resets all the parameters back to .... (DEFAULT) whatever the newest firmware set them to. This will require you to calibrate the compass and accelerometers after you upload this parameter. So to add on to SteveReno's instructions...

1.- Connect the tower app.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters then download the parameters (little cloud with a down arrow)
3.-Search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
5.- Once you have changed the parameter Upload the changes (Little cloud with an UP arrow in it).
6.- Controller will show a calibration screen.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and controller and then turn it back on.

8.- ????
9.- Profit.

after reset the first time i lost the link quality readings on my apps. i rest my phone and solo and controller and they came back.

Reactions: needa and dml931
ok this worked for me after a few frustrating hours of going out to location, getting error, having my droid device battery die (so no tower app), and then searching here for any possible solution. So thank you very much for this fix its very much appreciated!

BUT, how did this happen? could Mission Planner or Tower override a line to cause this error? is it caused by the solo FW/SW? im curious as to what would cause this so it can be avoided in the future. At least next time (if there is a next time) i know the solution and it wont impact my flight plans.

ok this worked for me after a few frustrating hours of going out to location, getting error, having my droid device battery die (so no tower app), and then searching here for any possible solution. So thank you very much for this fix its very much appreciated!

BUT, how did this happen? could Mission Planner or Tower override a line to cause this error? is it caused by the solo FW/SW? im curious as to what would cause this so it can be avoided in the future. At least next time (if there is a next time) i know the solution and it wont impact my flight plans.
I have an iphone 6s so do not have the android Tower app. I have an unflyable Solo with the same problem that has been discussed. With 5 fully charged batteries, each one successively installed in solo and the Solo app still says that the Solo battery is too low for flight and shows the battery level as 0 (zero) in red on the app. I have reset solo and controller, took out the battery tray to look for any loose wires (there were none) and still it will not fly because of this message that will not go away. Solo tech support said they would replace it on warranty until they found out that warranty expired 8 days before this happened, then basically said I was out of luck and have a nice life. Anybody have any solutions?

Alright. I had same issue. Mine was caused from connecting my laptop and connecting Mission Planner from UDP and failing in calibration. Battery would falsely read -1%. I tried 4 full batteries and one I knew was at 42% (from last flight) and all read -1% on Solo app.

I was unable to use Tower as the port was taken by Mission Planner and it was bugged.

Here's how I fixed it with Mission Planner successfully.

Reconnect everything with Mission Planner. In MP click "Config/Tuning" then click "Full Parameter Tree". Click "Ok" if warning dialog pops up.

Scroll down to "SYSID" and press "+". Next to "SYS_SW_MREV" change value to "0" without quotes. Press enter

On right side, ensure you are connected at top and then under that press "Write Params". Once upload is done, reset (ture off then back on) power on 3dr solo and the controller. Calibration will come back up on the remote upon turning back on. Follow solo app instructions for re-calibrating and bam, battery read out is fixed.

Well after many hours of testing, I discovered it was a bad motor pod which for some reason caused the solo app to read 0 V. I didn't realize it at the time but all the pods were green. Once I swapped out the bad motor pod, The blue and green LEDs lit up. Thanks everybody for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

How did you troubleshoot the motor pad?

I crash my drone and one of the motors get damage, and solo don’t turn on, when I notice that one of the motor start shaking when I try to turn it on then a take of the damage motor and could start, after that I tried to turn it on with the broken motor and all lights go green, I removed again the damage motor and still shows green lights and display 0% battery, I think I mess it up, do you think if I install a new motor all the issues disappear?
Thanks!
Well after many hours of testing, I discovered it was a bad motor pod which for some reason caused the solo app to read 0 V. I didn't realize it at the time but all the pods were green. Once I swapped out the bad motor pod, The blue and green LEDs lit up. Thanks everybody for your help. It's greatly appreciated.
did i

I crash my drone and one of the motors get damage, and solo don’t turn on, when I notice that one of the motor start shaking when I try to turn it on then a take of the damage motor and could start, after that I tried to turn it on with the broken motor and all lights go green, I removed again the damage motor and still shows green lights and display 0% battery, I think I mess it up, do you think if I install a new motor all the issues disappear?
Thanks!

did i
I had a motor pod that caused the 0 volts -1 problem, replacing the motor pod fixed the problem. I have searched for sometime on what causes this problem but haven't got any answers. 3dr probably has the answer, but I don't have a warranty coverage to ask.

Reactions: Barramundi
My replacing motor arrives in one week, I hope that fix the problem, I will let you know what happen with my drone, thanks tpsharkey that makes me more calm
I had a motor pod that caused the 0 volts -1 problem, replacing the motor pod fixed the problem. I have searched for sometime on what causes this problem but haven't got any answers. 3dr probably has the answer, but I don't have a warranty coverage to ask.

My replacing motor arrives in one week, I hope that fix the problem, I will let you know what happen with my drone, thanks tpsharkey that makes me more calm
I replaced the broken motor but still display 0% battery, I don’t know if the new motor works or the other threes cause Solo don’t let me fly or test motors with 0% battery display

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela