Fully charged battery reads 0 Volts on app.

Reaction score
So on rebuilding solo, I installed a fully charged battery ( not the one which went underwater) and solo app reads 0V. All other data is showing the correct values. I also get an audible alert from the app, saying solo battery to low for flight. Then a screen comes up showing a goPro camera. Is anybody else experienced this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Soap on rebuilding solo, I installed a fully charged battery and solo app reads 0 V. All other data is showing the correct values. After I get an audible alert from the app, a screen comes up showing the go Pro camera. Is anybody else experienced this?
Not getting battery data. If you have another battery, try that as a troubleshooting step. Look at connector.

I tried another battery. Same thing.
You could try a few more things (different device/app. check connectors, reboot everything) but after it looks like something may have gotten fried when it got wet..

Might be a painful call, but at least they are open 24 hrs..

Hello locutus

Maybe this might fix your issue

If you have removed the battery cradel before for any reasons
look where the battery connector is located there's 2 small wires
One is called SCL and the other is SDA
As shown on that picture Be shure none of those wires ares dissconected from the wellding spot
this is the battery level reader if wires broken BAT level will read empty
that might be your problem hope it helps
image076.png

Thanks. I checked with a meter and I have continuity between both boards. I may red older them just to be sure.

maybe you should check were these wires gose from the bat connector and check if theys not broken inside thhe wire so check boths ends

mine has been saying battery is at 10% but is fully charged and let's me fly for 15-20 mins

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

maybe you should check were these wires gose from the bat connector and check if theys not broken inside thhe wire so check boths ends
ProStock makes a valid point to check the wires all the way down. When performing my GPS mod, those two wires seemed to be awkwardly positioned on my bird.

mine has been saying battery is at 10% but is fully charged and let's me fly for 15-20 mins
Your issue appears to be voltage sensor related, possibly within the battery. Is it the same condition with another battery?

ProStock makes a valid point to check the wires all the way down. When performing my GPS mod, those two wires seemed to be awkwardly positioned on my bird.

Your issue appears to be voltage sensor related, possibly within the battery. Is it the same condition with another battery?
yes it does it with both of them... It started after the update.. (I do have a brand new battery coming from 3dr due to a few leds going out on the battery. )

it still says it's battery level but my tablet and phone will speak out battery level is at 10 %

yes it does it with both of them... It started after the update.. (I do have a brand new battery coming from 3dr due to a few leds going out on the battery.
it still says it's battery level but my tablet and phone will speak out battery level is at 10 %
Bummer...I wish you luck in resolving the issue.

I have searched and searched and haven't found anything about how the Solo Power Module works. From your picture it looks like the two wires you are talking about pass through to the upper pins on the battery. Typically SCL and SDA are the data and clock lines for the I2C bus... Taking a total WAG here, but I'm thinking that battery voltage and current computations are possibly made inside the battery and sent out as data over I2C? In older versions of the V/C module, they were done within the module and sent to the APM/Pixhawk through dedicated channels (Voltage Measurement, Current Measurement and a Ground). If you are having trouble getting battery telemetry to populate there may be a problem with the I2C bus if my assumptions are correct. One way to test this would be to use Mission Planner and get link with Solo. Then use tuning mode to graph components that use I2C... mx2, my2, mz2 (external compass on the xyz axis)... I2Cerrors might give some insight. You can also check the raw battery data coming in with battery_voltage, battery_current etc... Also, you can sometimes see a voltage value by using a meter on SCL/Ground and SDA/Ground. It should be a value <5 volts. You might be able to isolate the problem using that method... although it's not 100% reliable. The only real way to troubleshoot I2C is with a scope. Again, I haven't found a lot of info on how Solo works (not like with the original Pixhawk and APM anyway) so this is just what I would do if I was having your problem. If I'm just spouting info you already know, sorry... Hope this helps in some way.

Well after many hours of testing, I discovered it was a bad motor pod which for some reason caused the solo app to read 0 V. I didn't realize it at the time but all the pods were green. Once I swapped out the bad motor pod, The blue and green LEDs lit up. Thanks everybody for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

weird.. my app don't show 0 volts. it speaks it out but what it says is incorrect.

So it shows the correct voltage in the app but audibly says 0 volts?

I need to do a ticket but this damn rain isn't allowing me to fly

That's strange. You figure visual and audible would read from the same circuitry. Is the other telemetry reading correctly?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc