Big differences between old parameters and current

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what happened here. Tech support told me to perform a level calibration which I did earlier today. I had 2 great flights yesterday without issue. Anyway, after I did the level calibration I wanted to look at the old and new parameters becuase I couldn't see the offset that the 3DR tech had mentioned I had on my Z axis.

Anyway, I used an online tool to compare 2 files and was suprised that dozens of parameters are different. I know parameters change but there hasn't been an update to Solo. Last update was to 3DR services and prior to that was the 1.1.1 version of the app.

Nothing's changed in the past 2 days so I'm worries that something is causing the parameters to change. I have been fooling with Mission Planner looking at TLOGS and such but have not done any parameter changes, loads or pushes to the Solo. Is there anything in mission planner that can actually change parameters without you actually realizing that its happening? Most of the time I dont connect Mission Planner to Solo as I use it just to look at logs. I connected a few minutes ago to check out the parameers area and it seems you would have to purposly load or change parameters and then upload them to Solo while its connected and I know I haven't done any of that.

Is there anything that logs "when and how" parameters were changed? Can someone please post the current parameters so I can put them back?

Here are all the differences that my tlog parameter extracts are showing: Are they supposed to change between reboots?

Diff Checker

Last edited:
I also saw your post on DIYdrones. You have some strange differences. I assume you've talked to support about this? It does seem strange.

If I remember, there is a special way to get the default parameters to reload. Some parameter needed to be tweeked, then do a factory reset. I'm not sure if this would help, but perhaps tech support can help you?

Please let us know what you find, and especially if you learn how your parameters got changed. This seems to be the second time that someone says some of their parameters were changed. I don't know if playing with MP can cause it, but I do know that with MP, if you are not careful, you could probably change some parameters with a misplaced click or two.

Oh thanks for that diffchecker link, that's a pretty cool tool to be able to share diff's with friends and for discussions such as this.

I just sent a note to support. The way I get the params is by using mission planner. Under the Telemetry Logs tab in the Flight Data screen you can hit the box that says Tlog>KML or Graph. Once in there theres a button that says Extract Params. Hitting that allows you to select a tlog and it spits out a new text file with the parameters. At this point I've compared all the parameters I've extracted from every tlog on the solo controller and none of them match exactly. I have a feeling some might change depending on how the solo powers up and what orientation its it and what the sensors are reading but most are way off.

Can someone post at an untouched fresh parameters extract so I can compare with my bunk ones? Here's another comparison I just did between the paramaters I pulled from the solo.tlog (most recent after powerup) and the tlog from the 13th (Sunday). Left side is recent, right side is old (13th).

Diff Checker

Without knowing what the difference was, things like firmware version, settings like speed, or calibration that you did, it's hard to make a guess as to why the difference here.

The last time I asked support to comment on things in the log, their answer was that they don't teach customers about reading the logs.

Perhaps start a support case and then ask to get Vu involved?

I also saw your post on DIYdrones. You have some strange differences. I assume you've talked to support about this? It does seem strange.

If I remember, there is a special way to get the default parameters to reload. Some parameter needed to be tweeked, then do a factory reset. I'm not sure if this would help, but perhaps tech support can help you?

Please let us know what you find, and especially if you learn how your parameters got changed. This seems to be the second time that someone says some of their parameters were changed. I don't know if playing with MP can cause it, but I do know that with MP, if you are not careful, you could probably change some parameters with a misplaced click or two.

Oh thanks for that diffchecker link, that's a pretty cool tool to be able to share diff's with friends and for discussions such as this.
Parameter Reset
This article shows several ways to reset all parameters to their default values.​
Tower App and the 3DR Services App to your Android device and follow the next instructions:

Please follow the next instructions in order to perform a full parameter reset to your Solo:

1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

"This formats the EEpron Clean." I checked here before i did what 3DR tech. suggested.

Last edited:
Well the guy I'm working with from 3DR at least sent me a bunch of links related to reading and capturing flight logs which I've already stumbled upon myself but he did include the procedure to produce the ".bin" files that Mission Planner reads. That procedure has been posted before but is buried deep within some log reading threads and is pretty useful.

I'm still waiting for a reply to my original question regarding the distances I'm seeing between logs. I did however do a sanity check on the actual parameter values I'm currently running by uploading my logs to Droneshare and the utility there doesn't really flag any parameters as out of whack but I really want to completely understand why there are differences in the first place.

The last change to the solo app was on September 8th and no recent firmware changes.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Tower App and the 3DR Services App to your Android device and follow the next instructions:

Please follow the next instructions in order to perform a full parameter reset to your Solo:

1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

"This formats the EEpron Clean." I checked before i did want 3DR tech. suggested.
Ah very nice. That's super useful information. Thanks for sharing.

Ah very nice. That's super useful information. Thanks for sharing.

Had satisfy 3DR , before RMA granted " Bad Battery", i ran it 3 times back to back, nothing harmful to Controller or Solo. EEporm populates with latest SW available on system.
Hope it helps.

Here's an update. I appreciate that 3DR gets back to me every day but I hate when they dont supply enough info and I have to wait another 8 hours for clarification. This morning I rebooted Solo and the controller 2 times in a row so I could force the creation of TLOGs. Then I logged into the controller and downloaded the latest TLOG and TLOG.1 and extacted the parameters via Mission Planner and there were differences between the sets of parameters.

3DR's response is below:

"Those are performance parameters and always change, I recommend you do a parameter reset in tower to set all parameters to default and then power cycle the controller and solo and I recommend not trying to modify any parameter as it may affect in flight performance if you wish to know about a certain parameter you can ask me :) ."

That's all well and good but how do you reset all params to default with tower? I just tried and the first thing Tower does when connecting Solo and entering the parameters screen is a refresh from the Solo, ie it pulls down the parameters currently set on the drone. Now unless I have a file with default values, how can I reset them to default? Also, 3DR made no mention of recalibrating after this. Doesn't matter since what they suggested I do doesn't appear to be possible. WTF

In case anyone's interested, here are ONLY the differences in parameters after the 2 solo reboots. These parameters have different values from one solo reboot to another. What worries me is the "Compas_use" parameter. One log says its enabled and the other one says its not (0). How is this a performance parameter? See below. Format is param name then current log and .1 l

TLOG 0 TLOG 1
CAM_DURATION 10 0
CAM_SERVO_OFF 1100 -32768
CAM_SERVO_ON 1300 -32768
CHUTE_ALT_MIN 10 0
CHUTE_SERVO_OFF 1100 -32768
CHUTE_SERVO_ON 1300 -32768
COMPASS_AUTODEC 1 0
COMPASS_DEV_ID 73225 1.2E+09
COMPASS_DEV_ID2 131874 1.21E+09
COMPASS_DEV_ID3 66826 1.2E+09
COMPASS_EXTERNAL 1 0
COMPASS_ORIENT 38 0
COMPASS_USE 1 0
COMPASS_USE2 1 0
EPM_GRAB 1900 -32768
EPM_NEUTRAL 1500 -32768
EPM_RELEASE 1100 -32768
GND_ABS_PRESS 100251 100217.6
GND_TEMP 24.82143 41.29682
INS_ACCEL_FILTER 20 0
INS_GYR2OFFS_X 0.018563 -0.02568
INS_GYR2OFFS_Y -0.00906 -0.00135
INS_GYR2OFFS_Z -0.002 -0.00233
INS_GYR3OFFS_X 0.001986 -0.01449
INS_GYR3OFFS_Y -0.03816 -0.03479
INS_GYR3OFFS_Z 0.057327 0.071777
INS_GYRO_FILTER 20 0
INS_GYROFFS_X 0.00065 0.008402
INS_GYROFFS_Y -0.00349 -0.03352
INS_GYROFFS_Z -0.02863 -0.03177
INS_PRODUCT_ID 5 0
LGR_SERVO_DEPLOY 1750 -16384
LGR_SERVO_RTRACT 1250 16384
RC8_MAX 1900 -32768
RC8_MIN 1100 -32768
RC8_REV 1 0
RC8_TRIM 1500 -32768
RELAY_PIN 54 0
RELAY_PIN2 55 0
RELAY_PIN3 -1 0
RELAY_PIN4 -1 0

Last edited:
Reactions: RichWest
We can expect a lot of self calibration items to change from boot to boot, that's just the nature of the beast.

But did you ever get this resolved, in that everything is working ok now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea