Frustrated, needing some help.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
@RichWest to the rescue. By placing a soft expanding foam earplug under each of the HDMI connectors (as Rich explains in one of the above posts), it solved the problem. I still get some video monitor distortion, but very little, maybe 5% of what was happening before. I did the operation this afternoon in my Japanese Hotel room, and it is night and day different. I can actually see what my camera sees. I feel like celebrating.

Speaking of foam and Rich, I also followed his suggestion of using a punch on the isolators and putting a piece of expanding foam in each of them. Made a massive improvement in reducing my video vibration.

Thanks Rich, I owe you!

I appreciate the call out for offering advice, but that's just barely 1% of the effort needed. Implementing and improvising a solution and the needed materials is quite a task while traveling, kudos to you for "MacGyver'ing" to the end results.

Now let's see some videos.....

I appreciate the call out for offering advice, but that's just barely 1% of the effort needed. Implementing and improvising a solution and the needed materials is quite a task while traveling, kudos to you for "MacGyver'ing" to the end results.

Now let's see some videos.....
Would love to post some vids, but I'm on a tightly metered and regulated internet connection. It'll have to wait until I'm in Colorado early July.

Moon Gel also works great at dampening. Probably a bit better than stiff ear plugs, imho. I use them under the feet of my 3d printer too to lessen the higher frequency transfer produced by the stepper motors to the table it sits on.
RTOM Moongel Percussion Dampening Gels
Yea I also use Moongel @ Solo's gimbal board. I've tried the Moongel in the dampening balls also. IMO the earplugs w/the @RichWest mod work better for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea