Frequent app crashes with iPhone

The support I experience is CRAP, but they said eventually that they will escalate the issue, and as yet no information 3 days.....
So watch the space.

The best support is here , with this community of Solo lovers.....
So if you have an issue just post it here.

Be safe and happy landing.

So are they no longer supporting the app?
If 3DR can get you an answer from their branching computerized script, you're golden. If your issue is too far removed from the normal and basic issue, I wouldn't hope for much help from them. As pyrate implied... don't look for future app changes (or significant support); I get the impression that 3DR is riding the wave out to EOL (End of Life) with existing hardware, firmware, and software.

LOL
you can keep hoping, that is your call.
Me
I just tap the little video window to leave maps and get on with life
If there is a working work around, people will use that, and with the majority of people not crashing their app, chances of them responding grow even smaller

Now I know where the issue is, I will work around it, this is a small issue now. Thanks to all for the info.

Be safe and happy landings......

Found reason for app crashing (iOS version).
Over the last month the Solo App was crashing during flights and especially when using smart shorts.
I raised a support ticket with 3DR, but other people using the app didn't have the problems. So after several hours of trail & error, I found the reason and verified it with over 3 hours of flight without a app crash.

I was using the iOS app via SoloLink (Wi-Fi) to the controller & drone as standard, but I also connected an external GPS receiver (Garmin GLO) via Bluetooth.
But my iPhone 7 was also connecting to my iPad Mini 2 with internet connection via Bluetooth. On top of this I enabled "Save Videos To Camera Roll", but I also have an iCloud account with the option to automatically save photos & video to the cloud. So the first few minutes of flight was OK until I started recording video & using the smart shots. The iPad was connecting to the internet via the Bluetooth (very slow connection) and was saving the videos to the cloud, and also trying to download satellite map data instead of using the cached map data, this was causing major problems with the Wi-Fi comms with the SoloLink and crashing the app.

So, if you have an iCloud account, disable the Settings > iCloud > Photos "Upload to My Photo Stream", and make sure your iPhone is not connecting via Bluetooth while flying.
I still have the minor issue the back arrow on the full GPS satellite map screen, but this is minor, just tap the small video screen.

I hope this info helps someone else, and I would like to thank this community for all the help received.

May I be the first to wish this community a Merry Xmas & a happy new year 2017.

Be safe and happy landing.........................

Last edited:
Found reason for app crashing (iOS version).
Over the last month the Solo App was crashing during flights and especially when using smart shorts.
I raised a support ticket with 3DR, but other people using the app didn't have the problems. So after several hours of trail & error, I found the reason and verified it with over 3 hours of flight without a app crash.

I was using the iOS app via SoloLink (Wi-Fi) to the controller & drone as standard, but I also connected an external GPS receiver (Garmin GLO) via Bluetooth.
But my iPhone 7 was also connecting to my iPad Mini 2 with internet connection via Bluetooth. On top of this I enable "Save Videos To Camera Roll", but I also have an iCloud account with the option to automatically save photos & video to the cloud. So the first few minutes of flight was OK until I started recording video & using the smart shots. The iPad was connecting to the internet via the Bluetooth (very slow connection) and was saving the videos to the cloud, and also trying to download satellite map data instead of using the cached map data, this was causing major problems with the Wi-Fi comms with the SoloLink and crashing the app.

So, if you have an iCloud account, disable the Settings > iCloud > Photos "Upload to My Photo Stream", and make sure your iPhone is not connecting via Bluetooth while flying.
I still have the minor issue the back arrow on the full GPS satellite map screen, but this is minor, just tap the small video screen.

I hope this info helps someone else, and I would like to thanks this community for all the help received.

May I be the first to wish this community a Merry Xmas & a happy new year 2017.

Be safe and happy landing.........................

Will try that :)

Thx for sharing!

yeah mine crashes during some smart shots at the end. i hit the fly button to get out and that seems to work better. really not that big of a deal to reopen the app.

Hi guys, joining this thread late and wondering if there was any resolution to the issues discussed? .... to date solo has been hassle free, however something has recently changed and has stopped the whole app from functioning. I have 2 solo's both failing to launch the fly aspect of the app, it just crashes and closes disown. I am currently using an iPhone 6plus and hero 4 silver. I have uninstalled and reloaded the solo app numerous times, I have also tried my iPhone 5 in both solo's and the problem still persists! It's like something has changed in the last fortnight and the app refuses to load when fly is clicked. Interestingly when you link to the wifi of solo their is a message saying that no internet connection is available. The other factor I have noticed is that I can launch the app and click on fly to see the smart shots and everything is ok, as soon as you connect to wifi then the app S!#%s its self.... grrrrrrr

Any ideas?

hello guys i received this info from 3dr yesterday.
regards.

Gio
(3DR)
Apr 18, 3:50 PM PDT
Hello,
Thank you for contacting 3DR Tech Support.
I'm really sorry to read you're having issues with your Solo app.
The 3DR Solo iOS app is currently experiencing a conflict with the iOS firmware version 10.3.1. We are actively working on a resolution and will have an update shortly.
We do apologize for the inconvenience; your patience and comprehension is truly appreciated
Best regards,
Gio Marin
3DR Technical Support

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela