FPV with solo and gopro

Reaction score
Hi mates,

Any idea, or thread, or whatever related to FPV with glasses or similar for a SOLO?
I guess that would be more than great.

I've seen it discussed a few times. There are ways to do it. The solo controller has an hdmi out. But with that, you don't get the on screen display. The other option, if using an iPad or iPhone is a lighting to hdmi adapter (I have one and have used it with fatshark dominator HD goggles. And it will mirror the display on the iPad. This way you'd get the osd information. Just wouldn't really know what you'd be touching if you had to select something on the iPad. I found I wasn't a fan of the goggles and recently sold my dominators.

Yap, thx Troiano, but the point is to get something that works for all SOLO users. Maybe to get a big long range speed race between solos i donnow.
Justa to have a SOLO and get some "things" to make it fancyer, and not related to any label.
As i have already posted, my smartphone is not Play store compatible, but i am flying my SOLO with it.

I
Hi mates,

Any idea, or thread, or whatever related to FPV with glasses or similar for a SOLO?
I guess that would be more than great.
I know how you feel. I'm hoping the Vufine will deliver what I want. I mentioned this item a few times here- I'm only a customer. The launch has been delay a little but hopefully in my hand by Feb 2016. I like the idea of not having goggles but still get a little sense of FPV for setting up shots and what ever. Could be a dud but I purchased one and hoping it will complement my Solo collection. The price is not bad and there aren't too many options out there. Please keep us advise with what you find.

Burke
Vufine

I

I know how you feel. I'm hoping the Vufine will deliver what I want. I mentioned this item a few times here- I'm only a customer. The launch has been delay a little but hopefully in my hand by Feb 2016. I like the idea of not having goggles but still get a little sense of FPV for setting up shots and what ever. Could be a dud but I purchased one and hoping it will complement my Solo collection. The price is not bad and there aren't too many options out there. Please keep us advise with what you find.

Burke
Vufine

Hey Burke, i was seeing things like these, but are really expensive.
fpv set up first person view
I guess that would do for runners and acro mode ?

I have checked what you mention, it is like a start-up right? I will wait and see results.

For now, the solo, the gimbal and an extra battery is more than vicious!!!

Hey Burke, i was seeing things like these, but are really expensive.
fpv set up first person view
I guess that would do for runners and acro mode ?

I have checked what you mention, it is like a start-up right? I will wait and see results.

For now, the solo, the gimbal and an extra battery is more than vicious!!!
Yep- Vufine is a start-up. I like what I see so far but I'm going to wait until they actually start selling them.
Welcome to the forum malo! Where you at?

Solo keeps talking about all this extra horsepower they've got with their twin Linux processors it seems like it would be very easy for them to put a nice graphical heads up display superimposed on the HDMI out

Actually, that would require decoding and re-encoding the video stream, which would add significant latency. So it is almost certainly possible, but you might not like the result.

I've seen it discussed a few times. There are ways to do it. The solo controller has an hdmi out. But with that, you don't get the on screen display. The other option, if using an iPad or iPhone is a lighting to hdmi adapter (I have one and have used it with fatshark dominator HD goggles. And it will mirror the display on the iPad. This way you'd get the osd information. Just wouldn't really know what you'd be touching if you had to select something on the iPad. I found I wasn't a fan of the goggles and recently sold my dominators.
cant be I use it almost all of time

Maybe a DIY with a cheap smartphone, or a monitor would do. I mean, instead of making a black box against sun rays and reflections why not put that phone in front of your eyes completely dark, maybe with an amplifying glass/lens?

I have the Zeis Cinemizers, but I haven't used them with the Solo yet. On my Iris+ running Tower I find the verbal alerts are enough to get by without telemetry in the goggles. It's not ideal, but it works.

Personally I like the Vufine approach. It's simple and perfect for drone piloting. You can see through the glasses to keep an eye on your drone.

There is also the Epson Movieroo (Epson Moverio BT-200 Next Generation Smart Glasses - Epson America, Inc ), which like the Vufine lets you see through the glasses so you can keep an eye on your drone. BUT the Epson's are "smart glasses" which is overkill for our needs. It actually runs Android so you can run the Tower app inside the goggles using a touch pad in your hand to control the app (awkward). I haven't done it, but a year or so ago I know some guys got it working at diydrones. They had to side load Tower (it was called DroidPlanner back then) because it wasn't available in the Epson App store at the time.

Anyway, VuFine sounds perfect. You can maintain line of sight, see telemetry and/or the map, and there is just one cable to plug in without the muss and fuss of adapters/dongles/control pads, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc