FPV system for Solo?

Yes....a software option is a must for the future.

The BT200 looks interesting. Built in head tracking, and see thru screen....but I did not see in the specs a mention of an hdmi in port, did you?

Also, FPV stands for first person view, and that defines it fine, let's leave it at that.

Although I have not tried them. Users that I know have told me the glasses can mirror what is shown on their android tablet/phone. I which case, it would show the exact same OSD (on screen display) info as the tablet :) I would only need to see through the the glasses to look at my actual tablet when I need to touch controls and also if I needed to actually see the SOLO itself... how cool is that? Not sure if it's $600 cool though :p

Reactions: Digital Dove
So, Let's clarify here, do the goggles connect to the controller through the wifi, or just thought the HDMI out? How do they work?

Regarding the HDMI output on the Solo controller, it's not a regular HDMI or an HDMI Mini. What type of cable is needed to connect?

I wasn't confused.

You said:
"By the way,a tablet is not true fpv. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to define some terms we commonly use with each other."

So lets go back to my original question, If "FPV" is defined as the use of goggles, what is the term when you observe the view via a tablet instead?
Would you mind answering that please?

Thanks
tablet flying.

In my opinion, It's all FPV if you are controlling the aircraft beyond visual range. In the early days of FPV there were no goggles. Our typical setup was a monitor on a tripod with some sort of sunshade. I once saw a guy bring a 42" LCD TV to the field on a custom stand he had made. Pilots would stand with their monitors at eye level and control from there. The Goggles brought a more convenient and more immersive experience to FPV for sure.

Reactions: JacobCoy9
Thing is, using an android or IoS phone leaves something to be desired visually, when it comes down to it the best days for photgraphy video wise, are the worst days for seeing what's going on in you'r little
galaxy samsung S6 field of depth is difficult to determine if you are just using the smartphone to fiddle your FPV from the flying unit. What I want is a sort of fatshark that can connect to the Soling like the Solo app does. Maybe the HDMI output sows flight data like the solo app does, and I'm worrying about nothing,, just wondering if anyone feels the same.

Have you been able to get the Dominator HDs to connect to the controller and display an image. I can't get it to work.

Oh, mFPV. I'll add that to my lexicon.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm very happy with my Dominator HDs. I like the fact I can record directly from the goggles.

Actually it is all called FPV regardless of whether you are viewing the perspective on a hand held monitor, tablet, or via goggles. I was just curious where the poster who was schooling us on what defines "FPV" was going to take us with his wisdom...
I use a 7 inch Black Pearl screen for my FPV and framing.
I have both FatShark's Attitude V2 and the Dominator HD goggles, and rarely use either. I just don't like the feeling. I don't find it "immersive" I instead find it too game like. I prefer the tablet.
But regardless of whether tablet or goggles, it is FPV.
Have you been able to make the Dominator HD work with the Solo?

I'm interested in hearing folk's thoughts on what they think may be the best First Person View system to take advantage of the Solo's hardware.

Are you planning on using FPV with the solo? Why or why not?

Thanks.
Making matters worse, most of the antenna connectors on the datacards are tiny, clunky, and fragile. There's a special note on the 3G store site warning how easy it is to break the connector on the Verizon UML290 card. UGH. I'm careful. For more visit

..........................................................................................................................................

DATA CARD ANTENNA

Im waiting for Oculus Rift around 1st of year. Ive exceeded my toy budget for the 2nd quarter in a row. One more quarter and I'll be downgraded from a "Hold" to a "Sell".

You can fly LOS or FPV. If your looking at the tablet and flying its FPV, if your wearing a pair of goggles and flying its FPV. If your looking at the quad and flying its LOS

Well they gave glasses with a camera on the front of them so you can do both :)
The epson goggles let you see through the glasses while projecting a HUD with your FPV view. I'm told it's the best of both worlds. Never tried it.

Any progress on adding telemetry to the HDMI out?
That would take a development from 3DR. You can do it now from a Roku stick. if you dod it at the ndmi, it would slow it down to equivilant to what is at the tablet now. If you don't mind that, just use the Roku.

That would take a development from 3DR. You can do it now from a Roku stick. if you dod it at the ndmi, it would slow it down to equivilant to what is at the tablet now. If you don't mind that, just use the Roku.

So the Roku stick is just an android device that can run the Solo app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40