FPV system for Solo?

FPV system? You mean tablet?

Seems the Samsung Tab S and Nvidia Shield are the most common choices for tablet.

And yes I fly almost exclusively FPV as I normally only have visual on my bird for about first 1st and last minute of my flight.

Reactions: 808roller
The Solo has FPV included. Assuming you mean the display device, I will just be using the iPhone I have with me...

Sorry, let me clarify. What I actually should have said are the FPV goggles or headsets that you strap to your head.

Someone let me try their headset on for a 3DR Iris, and it was such an awesome experience. It was totally immersive, like you were sitting right in the drone, looking out of the cockpit window. The goggles had two images over each eye, and some flight data on the edges of the image.

I'm assuming the new technologies like Oculus Rift will be used, but in the meantime I've seen a lot of people use the Fat Shark or Foxtech products. I found some info here: http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.com/video-goggles.html but nothing conclusive for the Solo.

I was wondering given the higher resolution output of the Solo what the best solution may be for this craft.

Reactions: JJAG73
Sorry, let me clarify. What I actually should have said are the FPV goggles or headsets that you strap to your head.

Someone let me try their headset on for a 3DR Iris, and it was such an awesome experience. It was totally immersive, like you were sitting right in the drone, looking out of the cockpit window. The goggles had two images over each eye, and some flight data on the edges of the image.

I'm assuming the new technologies like Oculus Rift will be used, but in the meantime I've seen a lot of people use the Fat Shark or Foxtech products. I found some info here: http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.com/video-goggles.html but nothing conclusive for the Solo.

I was wondering given the higher resolution output of the Solo what the best solution may be for this craft.
I'm sure there nice but I like to keep an eye on my Quad..could be that's why I have captured incredible video and stills and have never had a crash since my first launch nearly three years ago. Just my personal preference. 7" Galaxy Tab has worked for me just fine.

And those were exactly what I was going to bring up. Headplay HD goggles. I heard they were extremely immersive and had a great color display, rivaled to that of an ipad. And to be released at $250 is a steal. I was initially interested in the Skyzone V02 3D, but at $530, it would put a real dent in my pocket. I, myself feel more comfortable flying with l.o.s. too, but can not turn down an fpv flight when I know my surroundings.
By the way,a tablet is not true fpv. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to define some terms we commonly use with each other.

Reactions: Digital Dove
And those were exactly what I was going to bring up. Headplay HD goggles. I heard they were extremely immersive and had a great color display, rivaled to that of an ipad. And to be released at $250 is a steal. I was initially interested in the Skyzone V02 3D, but at $530, it would put a real dent in my pocket. I, myself feel more comfortable flying with l.o.s. too, but can not turn down an fpv flight when I know my surroundings.
By the way,a tablet is not true fpv. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to define some terms we commonly use with each other.
Oh? So when you use a tablet what is the correct term you use to describe what you are doing and seeing?

The OP Clarified what he meant in post #4......is that not "GoodnNuff".
The OP clarified in post #4 that he was inquiring about headsets as opposed to tablets.

That doesn't answer my question.
If FPV is when one is using a headset, what is it called when one uses a tablet to view the first person image?

If FPV is when one is using a headset, what is it called when one uses a tablet to view the first person image?

Its called "Framing The Shot" at least for me. I could care less about FPV systems. All I'm looking for is a good shot or video. I used a a 7 inch monitor on my Phantom 2 for almost a year. I never felt I needed to be "Immersed" in the flying of it. Keep in mind I only fly line of site

Reactions: Quadguy27
Its called "Framing The Shot" at least for me. I could care less about FPV systems. All I'm looking for is a good shot or video. I used a a 7 inch monitor on my Phantom 2 for almost a year. I never felt I needed to be "Immersed" in the flying of it. Keep in mind I only fly line of site

Actually it is all called FPV regardless of whether you are viewing the perspective on a hand held monitor, tablet, or via goggles. I was just curious where the poster who was schooling us on what defines "FPV" was going to take us with his wisdom...
I use a 7 inch Black Pearl screen for my FPV and framing.
I have both FatShark's Attitude V2 and the Dominator HD goggles, and rarely use either. I just don't like the feeling. I don't find it "immersive" I instead find it too game like. I prefer the tablet.
But regardless of whether tablet or goggles, it is FPV.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
Please read my post. I'm not here to school anyone, in fact it's counterintuitive to why we are here. The post was to only define the difference between the two, as even you were confused as to what he was asking about. These forums should be filled with useful info, to which others can learn from. And as forerunners in this arena, we all share, it should be our responsibility to define things the best we can, so everyone can be on the same page. So please try and be as cooperative as we can, so others can benefit, thanx.

Please read my post. I'm not here to school anyone, in fact it's counterintuitive to why we are here. The post was to only define the difference between the two, as even you were confused as to what he was asking about. These forums should be filled with useful info, to which others can learn from. And as forerunners in this arena, we all share, it should be our responsibility to define things the best we can, so everyone can be on the same page. So please try and be as cooperative as we can, so others can benefit, thanx.
I wasn't confused.

You said:
"By the way,a tablet is not true fpv. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to define some terms we commonly use with each other."

So lets go back to my original question, If "FPV" is defined as the use of goggles, what is the term when you observe the view via a tablet instead?
Would you mind answering that please?

Thanks

I would want to be able to touch the tablet for the controls as well... Real pity that the HDMI out on the controller only does clean video for live feed. I would love to see a software option to show flight telemetry...

I am seriously considering getting the Epson BT-200 Smart Glasses for this. See through the goggles at all times

Reactions: Foolnround
I would want to be able to touch the tablet for the controls as well... Real pity that the HDMI out on the controller only does clean video for live feed. I would love to see a software option to show flight telemetry...

I am seriously considering getting the Epson BT-200 Smart Glasses for this. See through the goggles at all times
Yes....a software option is a must for the future.

The BT200 looks interesting. Built in head tracking, and see thru screen....but I did not see in the specs a mention of an hdmi in port, did you?

Also, FPV stands for first person view, and that defines it fine, let's leave it at that.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I wasn't confused.

You said:
"By the way,a tablet is not true fpv. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to define some terms we commonly use with each other."

So lets go back to my original question, If "FPV" is defined as the use of goggles, what is the term when you observe the view via a tablet instead?
Would you mind answering that please?

Thanks
I guess it could be called what it is, monitored first person view. mfpv
Enough on that already, if I had to fork over money for fpv goggles, I'd probably go for the HeadPlay HD goggles. They seem to have the right product at the right price. A far as looks go, they seem to be a bit on the large side. But the cinemizer and the Fatshark HD may have the aesthetics, but lack in the budget department. So I guess it really depends on what is important to you.

Oh, mFPV. I'll add that to my lexicon.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm very happy with my Dominator HDs. I like the fact I can record directly from the goggles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea