FLying Through Vehicles

No, he is definitely flying FPV and flies the TBS Disco.

I searched a bit and read some speculation that he used a 2nd copter following above as a relay station. It'd start to add a lot of componentry, but it should be possible to add a telemetry radio and small cell phone (or other small system) onto the FPV copter, and have it report position data to a second copter in follow me mode - wherever the FPV one goes, the larger one follows from a few hundred feet above, relaying video and possibly control signals. I would assume the guy also followed from a car or other vehicle to stay relatively close to the copter(s).

It would be a lot of work to go through just to make some youtube videos, but then again, some people seem to have inordinate amounts of free time and resources to do just that.

Actually, nothing that complicated and no following in a vehicle. although in other videos he has followed in a vehicle. But the video above was the most impressive, and as you can see by his route, not followed.

Actually, nothing that complicated and no following in a vehicle. although in other videos he has followed in a vehicle. But the video above was the most impressive, and as you can see by his route, not followed.

Ok, ok, enough with the suspense! Just tell us already! :D

he is stationary using fpv goggles. he uses another multirotor as a relay to the disco pro. that is how he is able to maintain rc and video around obstructions so far away at low altitude in an urban environment. in one of his videos you see him land the disco pro then land the other one.

imagine having a quad hovering above all buildings and trees and you have a clear line of sight to it. this quad has a 5.8 video transmitter, a 2.4 video receiver, an ezuhf transmitter and two taranis receivers. on the ground you have googles with a 5.8 rx and two taranis radios. the googles receive 5.8 video from the relay quad, which receives 2.4 video from the disco pro. the first taranis radio controls the relay quad and the 2nd taranis radio controls the disco pro by talking to the 2nd taranis receiver on the relay quad which outputs ppm to the ezuhf transmitter which of course talks to the ezuhf receiver on the disco pro. depending on the components used and antennas you could operate the disco pro as far as a single battery could take you.

On this particular video, there is a cell tower at the edge of town on a small hill. He is sitting about 1/2 way up on a service ledge. I will try to find the picture. It shows him on the tower, Tx in hand and goggles on. Has a good view of the town. and good LOS and video signal throughout.

Here's how to do it, this was exactly what I was talking about.
If you don't have a stand alone gimbal like the one Peter is using in these shots, just suspend your Solo on the end of the pole.

Peter shows you how:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Here's how to do it, this was exactly what I was talking about.
If you don't have a stand alone gimbal like the one Peter is using in these shots, just suspend your Solo on the end of the pole.

Peter shows you how:

Wish I had seen that sooner- I flew my Solo through my house to get a shot like that. Very, very noisy.:eek:

he is stationary using fpv goggles. he uses another multirotor as a relay to the disco pro. that is how he is able to maintain rc and video around obstructions so far away at low altitude in an urban environment. in one of his videos you see him land the disco pro then land the other one.

imagine having a quad hovering above all buildings and trees and you have a clear line of sight to it. this quad has a 5.8 video transmitter, a 2.4 video receiver, an ezuhf transmitter and two taranis receivers. on the ground you have googles with a 5.8 rx and two taranis radios. the googles receive 5.8 video from the relay quad, which receives 2.4 video from the disco pro. the first taranis radio controls the relay quad and the 2nd taranis radio controls the disco pro by talking to the 2nd taranis receiver on the relay quad which outputs ppm to the ezuhf transmitter which of course talks to the ezuhf receiver on the disco pro. depending on the components used and antennas you could operate the disco pro as far as a single battery could take you.
Of course- "elementary my dear Watson".
WHAT language are you speaking? I am a mere earthling- please do not destroy my planet! Lol!!

imagine having a quad hovering above all buildings and trees and you have a clear line of sight to it....

Kind of like a P3 Orion circling above the battlefield, eh?

On this particular video, there is a cell tower at the edge of town on a small hill. He is sitting about 1/2 way up on a service ledge. I will try to find the picture. It shows him on the tower, Tx in hand and goggles on. Has a good view of the town. and good LOS and video signal throughout.

you are right..thailand was cell tower. he definitely uses a second or third bird in his other vids.

here you can see him land the disco pro @ 7:20, switch radios, land two other drones and run and go get them from the middle of the street. oh and none of this is fake. this is all real flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jubalr
I would think the amount of time Solo is in the vehicle would be so short that as long as your flying skills allow you to clear the door, you should be able to shoot through like poop through a goose. You could always fly up to the car, take the GoPro in by hand and edit the footage together later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M