Flir vue pro r and solo - live feed to tv in back of subaru for clients?

Reaction score
Question for all 3dr Solo Users

So, I have a solo with a flir vue pro R/gimbal attachment.
Right now, I can connect my controller to a 4k tv in the back of my Subaru - for clients to look at live while I'm on their property instead of looking over my shoulder looking at my iphone/tablet.
However, that live stream only work when I'm using the gopro on the drone. I would like to have a live vue of my flir vue thermal camera, and the connecting cable only seems to provide live feed for the gopro stuff...
Any suggestions on how to get that thermal video coming in the same way the gopro stuff does on the tv my subaru?

The FLIR itself works well, it just does not get streamed on the HDMI cable.

So, when I do the gopro connection, it takes a few minutes to load and start. I was wondering if the thermal video is for some reason too much to process through an HDMI cable? I've left it plugged in for about 20 minutes before waiting.

The goal is to offer the same kind of streaming service for my 4k services and thermal video service.

Are you using the FLIR HDMI adapter with the VUE PRO R?

No, because it is not connected to the FLIR Vue Pro R. It is going from the 3dr Solo controller to the TV. Plus, I need it to be a 10-20 ft connection.

No, because it is not connected to the FLIR Vue Pro R. It is going from the 3dr Solo controller to the TV. Plus, I need it to be a 10-20 ft connection.

Maybe it's a format compatibility thing. The FLIR is putting out an image 640x512. That's the camera I want, by the way.

Hi AK and Max...

From what I understand the 3DR Solo only has the ability to transmit an HDMI Hi-Def Signal. The HDMI connector is the only video connector on the Solo to transmit . How are you connecting the video output of the FLIR VUE Pro series camera to the 3DR Solo?
FLIR VUE PRO Power/Video Module - A FLIR Premium Partner

We have developed exclusively a 3DR SOLO Gimbal for the FLIR VUE/VUE PRO Thermal Camera Series
Made for Solo | 3DR SOLO Gimbal for the FLIR VUE Series - A FLIR Premium Partner

Please call to discuss your system setup...

Thanks!

John Palmeri
President | RHP International | New York - USA
Toll Free: 1-888-919-2263 x0 | Outside the US: +1-845-343-4077 x0

RHP-Edge.com | OEMCameras.com | ThermalVideo.com

Reactions: Maxheadspace
You know you need the HDMI connected to the TV and the TV turned on ready and waiting before powering on the controller, right?

Yea, I just ordered a new cable, and it sounds like it may have been the order that I powered things on... I will try this new order and let yall know how it works out.

Pedals is correct. It is your order. Maybe only difference is I use the power/vid adapter. I do exactly what you are attempting when hog hunting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo