First Solo Flight!

Reaction score
Got my solo today and it flew great! I learned not to let the battery go lower then 20% it automatically returned to home by itself and didn't crash thank god. Any other tips for me? Also! What is the best way to upload my media from my go pro hero 4 black edition?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro and mxsoarx
Before it does an RTH again, get Tower (Android) or Mission Planner (PC) connect it to Solo, and change your RTH (Return to Home) altitude to 150 feet. It is currently 50 feet, and unless you live in a very flat place with no trees, that is to low, and could cause a crash when that happens again.

The value is in CM, and defaults to 1500. You want to make it 4500.
There are tutorials here to connect Tower and Mission Planner, as well as changing the RTH.

Traveling or I would go into it, but several great folks here can help if you need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexvtt
IOS No... Mac Yes. DroidPlanner for Mac. Install. Connect Mac to Solo Wifi. Change connection type to UDP. Look for RTH in parameters.

Not a Mac guy, but others can help with details if you get stuck.

IOS No... Mac Yes. DroidPlanner for Mac. Install. Connect Mac to Solo Wifi. Change connection type to UDP. Look for RTH in parameters.

Not a Mac guy, but others can help with details if you get stuck.

there is a 3DR app for iPhone. i use it with my iphone6

Reactions: mxsoarx
Got my solo today and it flew great! I learned not to let the battery go lower then 20% it automatically returned to home by itself and didn't crash thank god. Any other tips for me? Also! What is the best way to upload my media from my go pro hero 4 black edition?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Sounds like the bug has bit........it bit me too.

I generally use the Go Pro Studio to import and edit the video, then upload to YouTube. There is also a program I just started using called LightWorks. It comes in a free version as well as a Pro version.
Happy Flying!

yes, it is in the app store
Yes but the Solo app won't get you to the parameters discussed. That may change down the road specifically for the RTH altitude, but having Droid Planner or Mission Planner is also the best plan for looking at logs, which you likely will also want to do at some point.

Yes but the Solo app won't get you to the parameters discussed. That may change down the road specifically for the RTH altitude, but having Droid Planner or Mission Planner is also the best plan for looking at logs, which you likely will also want to do at some point.

where do you get mission planner?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M