Firmware update problem solved by turning GoPro on

Reaction score
Just an FYI in case anyone else has the same problem.

The Solo app said I needed an update, but every time I went in to do it, it kept telling me I was up to date. Even though the settings screen said Update Available.

I power cycled a few times with the same result. Then I decided to try turning on the GoPro and sure enough, the next time I tried the update, everything worked as expected.

I know that correlation is not always causation, but just thought I would post this anyway. If your having the same trouble as I did, you might as well try powering on the GoPro. Can't hurt.

Just an FYI in case anyone else has the same problem.

The Solo app said I needed an update, but every time I went in to do it, it kept telling me I was up to date. Even though the settings screen said Update Available.

I power cycled a few times with the same result. Then I decided to try turning on the GoPro and sure enough, the next time I tried the update, everything worked as expected.

I know that correlation is not always causation, but just thought I would post this anyway. If your having the same trouble as I did, you might as well try powering on the GoPro. Can't hurt.
Thanks for the heads up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44