Finally had it, looking for an attorney! No parts for Gimbals?

3dr gave stock to manufacturer so no longer liable for product they dont own or didnt sell. If its broke fix it, its out of warranty so learn or buy another brand to get a warranty

Well this was a nice Saturday morning read while in bed.

I think I'm gonna watch that video that I decided to pass up just to get caught up with the discussion. How was the editing on that video?

Well I have to applaud the creativity and the use of stock videos, photos and sound effects to drive a point! But something kept bothering me as I watched. The video is 4+ minutes long, but the clock in the background (if indeed it IS a clock, I can't zoom in on my iPhone) seems to not have moved at all!

It was like the entire thing transpired while the rest of the world was frozen in time!

Regardless, it was amusing.

I have enjoyed reading this whole series. I love the back and forth and George's frustration with Solo. I too have extra gimbals and Solos and battery's but I know eventually I will move on. I have a Mavic as a back up but my go to drone for the best video and fun of flying is my fleet of Solos ( now down to 3 working and one for parts) I thank all of you for your kindness to George in your responses:) and I can only imagine what pedals2padels would like to say but has shown great restraint. Thanks guys and Gearge Kenner for such a good read this morning. Loved every bit of it

This lawsuit for a drone is a strange concept to me . I started out flying RC 50 years ago and you had to struggle to make anything work right . Then I flew quadcopters 10 years ago with autopilots you had to tune yourself that were a real struggle . That was part of the hobby and the challenge and the joy of taking on that challenge and making it work . . Now we have instant gratification and if it doesn't instantly gratify someone must pay . That kind of gratification is worthless in the end . My 3dr drone is amazing because I realize what work I had to put in to get something not even close to this to function . I understand the frustration but the gimbals sold for a long time at 60$ and I bought 2 spares . It's amazing that you can get a gimbal this nice for 60$

Cheaper than a lawyer, I think I can help.

I have a Gimbal I broke I can sell you for about $50, plus shipping. I'm in Canada.

I also have a couple of brand new gimbals, in the box I bought at Best Buy. $150 plus shipping.

I'll be putting all my Solo stuff, which includes new batteries, propellers and gimbals in the classified section early next week.

Yes, I went back to the dark side and bought a Mavic.

I know there are some people who have had good luck with their Solo, but mine has been a lemon from the beginning. If i had $2.00 and hour for all the time I spent to try and get this thing working I would have more that paid for 2 solo drones. If anyone else has had issues with 3DR and used a California attorney please let me know. An attorney who has already had dealings will not have to be brought up to speed with things like the Forbes article which talks about how they introduced the product. I will always wonder how they released the "Promo Film" in April when the Gimbal was not ready. I always believed I was watching footage just like I would be able to get out of my Solo. Sometimes the love affair ends.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
George,
You were told to "watch out" for that tree.

This guy is just a whiner. He may or may not really have a Solo. I have used 3dR flight controllers since 2009. My FPVLR antenna arrives today.
I have used the Alfa Antennas and was amazed.. I can't wait wait to test out the new antenna this weekend.

Its great that most of the members here are hardcore hobbyists contributing what they've learned.

I don't have time for whiners.
You're gonna love the FPVLR performance

Schleprock; from the Flintstones.
144843a589e067d01855ee0c4c6ca780.jpg

Reactions: Travelfox
Speaking as someone also from California (and not a stupid one), I have a few Solos, for parts, all new, really cheap, bought at BestBuy on all those sales, and have yet to use a part. But I am my own Customer Service Dept., and I ALWAYS respond with a smile.
It's not rocket science...or drone science. Enjoy the platform, but know the limitations of a company with a consumer product that's EOL. And sell your "parts" on EBay, George. I am sure you will get all (or most of) your money back, without a lawyer....I bet if some smart Californian buys it, they will probably make it all work as is...

I dont think its worth all this time and aggravation to argue no replacement parts either. As others have suggested, better for OP to buy new gimbal or sell all the extra parts and move on. Life is too short. However, OP's underlying premise, that drone sellers may be held liable for misrepresenting the capabilities of their product in promotional materials, has merit. Best example involves the Lilly drone. A local prosecutor in San Francisco filed suit against Lilly earlier this year for this video which he deemed deceptive:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah.. but not against 3DR dealers. LMAO. MOST of us here have been very pleased with the performance of our 3DR Solos!

I would not say 3DR was deceptive.

I've NEVER had an issue.. I bought my Solo from B&H Photo in late June 2017. I've had over 40 successful flights!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso