Feel Lost and Alone in a Solo World

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got back from living overseas where I traveled the Southeast for a year(when I wasn't working). My solo helped me catch amazing shots and helped me share my memories with family and loved ones. Solo was very stable for me and always fired up, connected to satellites, returned home when needed, etc.

I purchased my solo for a lot more than they are selling for now. I also bought a backpack, hard traveling case, extra batteries, etc. I am pretty active and I surf, ride a Boosted Board, etc. I feel lost because I felt Solo had so much potential, and I am afraid I may have to say goodbye because I am not sure if I can commit the time needed to do all of these new updates..I don't even know where to start.

I am considering buying a Mavic because it is portable and I can fire it up and get my shots. Should I hang on to my Solo and hope that I can find the time to get it working to where I need to? I only have Apple devices, and I think I will need an Android device to do some needed Solo updates.

Does anyone recommend anything for someone like me, who just recently found out about Solo news..where do I start? What is the best way to move forward? Is the technology going to be good? Can Solo feature things like Active Track? Can I get Solo to do exactly what I am looking for the Mavic to do?

Thanks! Any tips or starting points is much appreciated.

-Kyle

Reactions: Coastwise
Kyle, is far as I know you only need one update and you use the iphone with the solo app to update it, with the new updates there are many new features that only solo has. It only takes about 5 mins. Do download the users manual (at 3dr.com)and good luck with your choice. Also your gopro may need a update too.

Reactions: Coastwise
I am so pissed@ I have gopro 3+ silver and I have a 3.0 update and I lost my live feed . Line of sight sucks! I tried downgrading to 2.0, but I've been unsuccessful. I bought this specifically becaused of compatibility ! I've tried all of the settings, and even powering on then plugging in.. So mad do I buy a gopro 4 used or return it, and go with a dying?
Anyoned have a concrete step by step to downgrade? To 2.0. HELP. I LIVED MY SOLO IT'S JUST THE FRIGGING GOPRO
It's working right? Just keep flying it

I am so pissed@ I have gopro 3+ silver and I have a 3.0 update and I lost my live feed . Line of sight sucks! I tried downgrading to 2.0, but I've been unsuccessful. I bought this specifically becaused of compatibility ! I've tried all of the settings, and even powering on then plugging in.. So mad do I buy a gopro 4 used or return it, and go with a dying?
Anyoned have a concrete step by step to downgrade? To 2.0. HELP. I LIVED MY SOLO IT'S JUST THE FRIGGING GOPRO
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe this could help you. Down in the description look for your model GoPro. For me to downgrade to 2.0 it was weird because the first couple times trying to copy the firmware to the GoPro it didn't work then finally it did after multiple attempts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44