Fat Shark Dominator V3 Fpv goggles on solo?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it out yet? The goggles has a mini Hdmi that can be connected to the controller for video feed. Iam going to try this over weekend and see if it works

dom v3's work great, but the cable that comes with it does not. i don't know why. you'll need an aftermarket micro hdmi to micro hdmi cable or some variation of hdmi cable and micro hdmi adapter.

dom v3's work great, but the cable that comes with it does not. i don't know why. you'll need an aftermarket micro hdmi to micro hdmi cable or some variation of hdmi cable and micro hdmi adapter.
thanks for heads up, the one i ordered has all cables and adtopters with it in the package keeping my fingers cross and hopefully it will connect all fine or else i will do some tinkering lol

My V3s did not work with the Solo using the HDMI cable and micro adapter supplied by Fatshark. Do you have a brand recommendation for an HDMI cable that will work with the Solo?

Update - found another post with a link to some HDMI cables that work. Thanks

Last edited:
My V3s did not work with the Solo using the HDMI cable and micro adapter supplied by Fatshark. Do you have a brand recommendation for an HDMI cable that will work with the Solo?

Update - found another post with a link to some HDMI cables that work. Thanks
Can you post a link to the other cables? I tried mine on the solo for the first time last weekend. Not even a flicker of a picture. Very disappointed and wondering if it was worth spending £400 on the goggles.

This cable worked for me. Micro HDMI to Mini HDMI - 877.522.3779 - USBFireWire.com
The other key ingredient is the order you power up all of it. You need to plug the goggles into the Solo Controller and power the goggles up, switch to HDMI 2D then power up the Solo Controller. You should see a 3DR logo and a progress bar in the goggles. When you power up the Solo and it connects to the controller, you should see the live feed from the GoPro camera.

I also successfully tested this cable and adapter from Amazon made by Cable Matters - links are for a 2 pack on each of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DRMV10Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJH61RI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was the other post on goggles - FPV goggles

Last edited:
Reactions: Dugbones
This cable worked for me. Micro HDMI to Mini HDMI - 877.522.3779 - USBFireWire.com
The other key ingredient is the order you power up all of it. You need to plug the goggles into the Solo Controller and power the goggles up, switch to HDMI 2D then power up the Solo Controller. You should see a 3DR logo and a progress bar in the goggles. When you power up the Solo and it connects to the controller, you should see the live feed from the GoPro camera.

I also successfully tested this cable and adapter from Amazon made by Cable Matters - links are for a 2 pack on each of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DRMV10Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJH61RI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was the other post on goggles - FPV goggles
Yep it all goes good, but as soon as solo takes off the live feed goes black, so far i have learned that the hdmi output does not work on goggles. What i did instead, is i bought a Runcam Owl Plus 700 tvl fpv camera and video transmitter and powered them using 7.1 volt lipo and attached them all under solos bay area, it works bloody good, i have been flying solo in full acro with confidence since the video feed is lot faster then black 4.

I just flew a Solo this morning with the Dominator V3 goggles. I did not lose the video in the goggles nor on the tablet during or after takeoff. All looked normal. I can say because the source is the GoPro, it is a very wide angle and would be difficult to takeoff/land or fly in close proximity to objects like trees or similar. Too hard to judge distance. The FPV cameras might be better from that standpoint. Did you run yours on the ground (no props) for a short bit to see if it is power related?
What frequency are you transmitting with the FPV camera, no interference? Do you still have GoPro/Gimbal attached/are using the phone/tablet also?

I just flew a Solo this morning with the Dominator V3 goggles. I did not lose the video in the goggles nor on the tablet during or after takeoff. All looked normal. I can say because the source is the GoPro, it is a very wide angle and would be difficult to takeoff/land or fly in close proximity to objects like trees or similar. Too hard to judge distance. The FPV cameras might be better from that standpoint. Did you run yours on the ground (no props) for a short bit to see if it is power related?
What frequency are you transmitting with the FPV camera, no interference? Do you still have GoPro/Gimbal attached/are using the phone/tablet also?

Yep done all the check ups still the same, i would rather use fpv camera, its lot safer, good view and no legg, i took the gimbal and go pro off, acro mode is not very friendly on the gimbal, doing flips and rolls with the gimbal attached makes solo go off the balance a bit, i have mounted the fpv camera on go pro frame that came with the solo, its easier to move the camera up and down as the whole frame can move, it uses 5.8 ghtz, their is a wee occasional glitch on the video but its hard to notice, while you focused on flying. I do use the tablet to connect the app to solo and pass it to my partner to keep an eye on the distance of solo, and the how many bars of reception between the controller and solo. Theres is no gps lock, return home and auto land funtion available when acro mode is selected, solo will behave like its on steroids. it will drift all over the place, very similar to racing drone.

Reactions: Dugbones
Theres is no gps lock, return home and auto land funtion available when acro mode is selected, solo will behave like its on steroids. it will drift all over the place, very similar to racing drone.
If you are referring to GPS failsafes, that would be correct. But loss of signal while in Acro should still activate current FS settings, including RTH to first GPS lock location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso