FAILED Tower Advanced Return To Home Parameter........Help

Reaction score
So i changed the parameter in Tower so that Solo can spin before returning home.......i uploaded it to my drone & Solo still reverses home........anyone knows why it wont work?

Links for WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR parameter:
VALUE MEANING
0 Never change yaw
1 Face next waypoint
2 Face next waypoint except RTL
3 Face along GPS course

I changed it from 2 to 1
then from 1 to 3
No Dice :(

I always have mine set for 3, which is face along the course. So the camera alway is looking forward. But it does seem that the Solo's implementation of return to home ignores that. Thinking back, I can't remember if it is literally facing backwards along the course home, or if the yaw just doesn't change from what it was when the RTH initiated. It may also be resetting to the orientation it was at when on the ground at takeoff. I'll have to experiment to see what it's actually doing. But none the less it does not face "forward".

Reactions: Xavier Arthur
I always have mine set for 3, which is face along the course. So the camera alway is looking forward. But it does seem that the Solo's implementation of return to home ignores that. Thinking back, I can't remember if it is literally facing backwards along the course home, or if the yaw just doesn't change from what it was when the RTH initiated. It may also be resetting to the orientation it was at when on the ground at takeoff. I'll have to experiment to see what it's actually doing. But none the less it does not face "forward".
I was actually watching that during 2 survey missions today. Solo remains at the last yaw position before RTH is initiated. But, you can change the yaw as it is returning home without consequence to the RTH.

I was actually watching that during 2 survey missions today. Solo remains at the last yaw position before RTH is initiated. But, you can change the yaw as it is returning home without consequence to the RTH.

Except when the RTH is initiated by a signal loss

Except when the RTH is initiated by a signal loss
Lol,... Of course, without a signal Solo wouldn't know what you are doing with the sticks.. It would be like yelling into a phone when the other person hung up..

Thinking back, I believe this is what any Arducopter equipped drone would do in an RTL. Last time I tried was probably 3.0 or 3.1 though. I would prefer it respect WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR though.

I saw this guy do it......i don't know why it wont work for me :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That video is over a year old. Since then, RTM was introduced and Arducopter firmware has changed. On the Solo, it isn't actually using the Pixhawk RTL to return home. It's using guided mode just like the smart shots. Which it has to in order to be able to handle the RTM part. So the 3DR implementation of RTH apparently doesn't use it.

Reactions: Xavier Arthur
That video is over a year old. Since then, RTM was introduced and Arducopter firmware has changed. On the Solo, it isn't actually using the Pixhawk RTL to return home. It's using guided mode just like the smart shots. Which it has to in order to be able to handle the RTM part. So the 3DR implementation of RTH apparently doesn't use it.

It's kind of weird though, P2P...it appears that it's using both at the same time if my looking at the graph on a MP log is to be believed. Of course the last time I used RTL was pre firmware update (I was still on 1.3 firmware I believe).

What you're seeing is this:

The controller loses signal, which drops the control inputs to the pixhawk. The Pixhawk engages RTL mode, which you see in the log. But then the Pixhawk immediately switches to guided mode, which you also see on the log. At which point, the companion computer is controlling the flight and navigating home.. or if you're in RTM, it handles flying to you.

I think before the implementation of RTM, it just used the pixhawk's RTL mode in it's normal fashion. If Arducopter itself respects WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR in RTL, it would have worked back then. But since the companion computer is doing the flying now, apparently it doesn't.

Ok i understand........Thanks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo