Interrupted Tower mission to return home

Reaction score
I flew a survey mission yesterday which initiated well, ie imported the mission, uploaded to my bird and she took off to the start point, all ok. However, after maybe 2 runs (of, say, 10) she initiated a rtl or rth. I was able to pause and hit auto again on Tower and she carried on. Not from where she decided to head home though, pretty much from where I had paused her mission.
For some silly reason (probably user error!) the go pro was taking video and not time-lapse of 2 photos per shot. I have the tlogs, and looking back on Tower you can see the run is not symmetrical
b13a676804fbaad0acc072dfff349b3c.jpg

I believe Tower and Solo to be up to date and right now I can only assume because I was running g video and not stills, Tower misbehaved. Anyone have any input?
It actually happened 2 or 3 times in largely the same area.
Mike.

Reactions: Shamfock1
When flying Tower survey missions I always reset the FS_THR_ENABLE to "2". This allows the mission to continue if it looses connection to the controller. The first couple of times you hear that Solo lost contact it causes kinda a pucker, but you get used to it. I haven't had any problems. Solo always completes the mission and I get connection when it gets back in range.

BE SURE TO RESET IT TO "0" AFTER YOU'RE DONE! Yeah, sorry for the all caps, but if it's set to "2" and you fly a Solo or Solex app mission, then loose connectivity, you're kinda screwed.

From Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation
FS_THR_ENABLE: Throttle Failsafe Enable

The throttle failsafe allows you to configure a software failsafe activated by a setting on the throttle input channel

Values
Value
Meaning
0 Disabled
1 Enabled always RTL
2 Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode
3 Enabled always LAND​

When flying a survey mission make sure the GoPro's default video setting is for single images. Then Tower will control when GoPro takes a photo depending on your altitude, sidelap and overlap.

When flying Tower survey missions I always reset the FS_THR_ENABLE to "2". This allows the mission to continue if it looses connection to the controller. The first couple of times you hear that Solo lost contact it causes kinda a pucker, but you get used to it. I haven't had any problems. Solo always completes the mission and I get connection when it gets back in range.

BE SURE TO RESET IT TO "0" AFTER YOU'RE DONE! Yeah, sorry for the all caps, but if it's set to "2" and you fly a Solo or Solex app mission, then loose connectivity, you're kinda screwed.

From Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation
FS_THR_ENABLE: Throttle Failsafe Enable

The throttle failsafe allows you to configure a software failsafe activated by a setting on the throttle input channel

Values
Value
Meaning
0 Disabled
1 Enabled always RTL
2 Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode
3 Enabled always LAND​

When flying a survey mission make sure the GoPro's default video setting is for single images. Then Tower will control when GoPro takes a photo depending on your altitude, sidelap and overlap.
Brilliant, so it's a list signal, makes sense, thanks Ed. I've not tampered with parameter settings yet, assume it's done on Tower app once connected to solo?
On your other point re still images, I'm flying the gopro 3 silver edition which I believe has limited functionality, despite that, will Tower still control the images as per your recommended settings?

"Parameters" is an option on the Tower menu. There's a search option to find fs_t quickly. Select it to edit the value then update Solo (I think it's a cloud icon with an up arrow). You'll get a notification that n parameters were updated.

I haven't tried a GP3. I tower sends the shutter signal so it should (?). Set the default mode to single shot and try it out.

Reactions: Doringtoon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo