FAA does not Require Pilots License for Ultra light Air Craft

Jesus H. Christ, $3500 for at-home study and two days hands-on instruction? Maybe if it came with a waiver for the pilot's license requirement for commercial operation, but that's more expensive than several multirotors of increasing size to build up skill with AND a something like a Solo, P3/4 or a decent custom quad or hex.

Simulators and professional instruction are great, but at the end of the day, nothing beats hours of hands-on flying. I'd be concerned that having spent a large chunk of money on instruction would give students a false sense of skill after only 2 days of actual flying. If they already had experience, then the course is just information - valuable information to be sure, but at the end of the day, just information.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Jesus H. Christ, $3500 for at-home study and two days hands-on instruction? Maybe if it came with a waiver for the pilot's license requirement for commercial operation, but that's more expensive than several multirotors of increasing size to build up skill with AND a something like a Solo, P3/4 or a decent custom quad or hex.

Simulators and professional instruction are great, but at the end of the day, nothing beats hours of hands-on flying. I'd be concerned that having spent a large chunk of money on instruction would give students a false sense of skill after only 2 days of actual flying. If they already had experience, then the course is just information - valuable information to be sure, but at the end of the day, just information.
I second with you

To end this discussion...

If Ultra light aircraft would: cost $1000 dollars, be sold at your local hobby shop, best buy and Apple store, 500,000 of them flying around all over the place, every idiot had one, the FAA would have done the same...

Reactions: Acroduster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44