ENDLESS PREFLIGHT UPDATE CYCLE

Reaction score
So I followed the instructions to the letter to update the solo and controller for the first time. Installed all the appropriate app on my Android. Unfortunately the app installs the update to the phone and then says to connect to the controller/solo to load to the controller/solo and when I do the app says to "continue". At that point it takes me back to download software. And the cycle just keeps going.

1. Software update available...I click and it goes to "New Version: 1.3.0 Download Update"
  2. Updates are downloading to device....wait a few minutes.
  3. Update is ready to be transferred to Controller and Solo...Begin (I select).
  4. Reconnect to Sololink Wi-Fi...I select "Go to settings"
  5. I connect to SoloLinkxxxxx....at this point there is no further instruction so I go back to the application.
  6. Goes back to step 1...the cycle continues.
Ready to pull my hair out.

PL,
I've seen this before, it happened to me, so I tried it with iOS and it worked fine. I then went on to use android for the last 50+ flights.
So, if you know someone with an iPhone use it for initial and go back to android.

I think i remember that Controller not syncing with Solo,
What you need to do is to "re-pair" controller & Solo.
Look for instructions on this site of 3DR on how to pairing Controller & Solo.
There is a small hole on the bottom on Solo " Use paper clip" untill small blue lite flashes.. Please find instructions, then proceed.

I think i remember that Controller not syncing with Solo,
What you need to do is to "re-pair" controller & Solo.
Look for instructions on this site of 3DR on how to pairing Controller & Solo.
There is a small hole on the bottom on Solo " Use paper clip" untill small blue lite flashes.. Please find instructions, then proceed.

-Small blue light?
where?

The app does say "make sure the solo is paired to the controller" and I followed directions to do that to no avail. The controller screen is stuck on "preflight update".
I hope I don't have to return this.

Can't pair the control with solo since the control screen is stuck with preflight update and the controller connects via WiFi with my cell phone but doesn't recognize whether is a software update or not!

I tried unplugging the controller, however after trying again same thing happens. I shouldn't be asking for an iPhone to make my $2k toy function, is embarrassing!

I tried unplugging the controller, however after trying again same thing happens. I shouldn't be asking for an iPhone to make my $2k toy function, is embarrassing!

Couldn't agree more.
I'll go see what the Twitterverse has to say.

Well for what it's worth, 3DR has always been an Android first company. The Solo app is the first on iOS.

Same thing happened to me on prior software updates, yesterday while flying suddenly lost control, the droned returned home and landed... Once I was back home I tried to connect again cell phone to controller and didn't work, then the controller didn't recognize the solo... I did reset the solo and the controller, then downloaded again the app... I am stuck in preflight update... the cell phone recognizes now the controller but not the solo... tried few time and same thing, controller stuck on preflight update

Read this page again:
Pairing the Controller | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology
It have a section that helps you reset, if Pairing doesn't work.
I 98% sure this is your problem.

• If you pressed B to cancel, you will need to reboot Solo and the Controller and press the Pair button in order to try again.
  • If you pressed the Pair button several times, and still aren’t seeing the Detected New Solo screen, then try turning off the Controller and listen for the disconnection sound from the vehicle. If you do hear this sound, Solo and the Controller are already paired. If not, reboot Solo and turn the Control back on and try pairing again.

Okay, I resolved the issue... opened a ticket and 3dr called me back. Impressive cust service... however the issue was that their website is not updated with the proper pairing method. Instead pushing with the paper clip 15 seconds you need to try pushing the pair button many times repeatedly with the solo turned on until the controller recognizes it. then everything else worked fine... I hope this helps...

Okay, I resolved the issue... opened a ticket and 3dr called me back. Impressive cust service... however the issue was that their website is not updated with the proper pairing method. Instead pushing with the paper clip 15 seconds you need to try pushing the pair button many times repeatedly with the solo turned on until the controller recognizes it. then everything else worked fine... I hope this helps...
Awesome.

Yes, correct. I got off the phone with the rep and we walked thru the whole thing. We pressed the button 5 times and it immediately paired. The current problem as it stands (until I hear from them again) is the software fails to load in to the controller. Just get a big red "X".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M