Drone incident sparks dispute between neighbors in Springdale, PA

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Reaction score
Is this anyone here? :eek:

SPRINGDALE, Pa. —

A Springdale woman was ordered Monday to pay up to cover to costs of her neighbor’s drone, which he said she damaged during an incident in August.

Mark Shock told Channel 11 News that he was wrapping up a 17-minute flight with his week-old drone when his next door neighbor hurled a rock, striking the electronic device mid-air.

Boom, there's the strike,” Shock said while reviewing video of the incident captured on a camera mounted on the drone. “It's trying to get out of my hands. See the lights are all red.”

The drone went haywire all while Shock’s family and other neighbors were nearby, he said.

“And it's an out of control, 3 ½-pound flying lawnmower,” he said.

During the video, Shock is heard yelling for someone to call police while he tries to shut down the drone.

“It's coming at me. It's a weed whacker. You run a weed whacker at home?” Martina Wlodarski said. “You know how loud they are (drones)? Would you like someone bringing one at you?”

Wlodarski, who Shock says threw the rock, said she was scared, but Shock disagreed that’s the case.

“If you're afraid of something, why would you approach it?” he said.

Wlodarski insisted she had little to no time to react.

“It happened in two seconds. I didn't think about anything except ‘Ah!’” she said.

Criminal mischief charges were filed against Wlodarski.

A deal was reached between the neighbors Monday. The charges were dropped after Wlodarski paid Shock $600 in restitution.

“I have criminal charges against me. I was out on bond. I'm 65. I had to get fingerprinted,” Wlodarski said.

Shock said the incident wasn’t isolated and is part on an ongoing feud.

“There's been tension for years, that's why I have a 6-foot fence around my house,” he said.

*SOURCE

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso