Drone almost hits Skylife Helicopter in Fresno

yeah i watched that on the news yesterday.
seems like every other day something like this comes on the news.
sad to say but one day somebody is going to be doing something stupid like this and they will bring down a chopper or airplane.

I don't believe any of this shit. Not until one of these pilots has actual video of a drone narrowly missing an airplane or helicopter. All these stories of +1000' near misses is propaganda to try and fast track regulations on banning them. Give me a break man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I came close to to a plane a few weeks ago. I was flying at my house (in the country) at about 380 feet up and right above me. Per the app Hover I am in a safe area to fly. I am about 10 miles away from a small airport that is Burlington, NC

http://www.burlingtonaviation.com/

I was showing my neighbors sister's kids the drone and video when behind me I hear what sounds to be a plane. No sooner then I turn around a bright yellow single prop plan came over the trees (VERY VERY LOW). He was heading right for the drone. I hit hard left to get out of his way. After he passed I thought it would be cool to get a picture of him so I got back where I was and see him on the video feed. I was really nervous because I was in his way but then excited to see if I can get a picture of him. I ran the rest of the battery out and went to turn off the gopro to see it had just said sd err. I was really bummed but its cool. Come to find out he likes to fly this area every Thursday so I usually don't fly here then.

This is why i dont understand why people are modding and upgrading antenna systems to get "MORE RANGE" the typical American attitude. Bigger More More More Murica F*(CK ya!. Canadian laws have us at 90m(295') ceiling. People like that piss me off and will wreck it for everyone!! US and Canada.

This is why i dont understand why people are modding and upgrading antenna systems to get "MORE RANGE" the typical American attitude. Bigger More More More Murica F*(CK ya!. Canadian laws have us at 90m(295') ceiling. People like that piss me off and will wreck it for everyone!! US and Canada.
nothing wrong with range, it's the height that's the problem

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
nothing wrong with range, it's the height that's the problem

Hmmm. Thought it had to be line of sight? Can you see the drone a mile away? (I soon will be upgrading my antennas tho )

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: GoodnNuff
@ 500m and i loose sight and orientation. Have to rely on FPV after that. Which is also illegal.

Flying at 380' altitude and flying at 1000' altitude are two different things.

I could launch my solo from a top of a mountain, and fly to the valley below, would have to use my binoculars, but I could see it for about a mile

https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

They are the same as Transport Canada. 100% Visual line of site. The second you cant see it, your in violation and could be fined.

Just saying...
500m = 1600' Unless you got hawk eyes I dont know anyone who can see that far. See it and see what its doing are 2 different things :) Sure you could argue that I can see it....its a little black dot. I dont think thats what they mean.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

They are the same as Transport Canada. 100% Visual line of site. The second you cant see it, your in violation and could be fined.

Just saying...
500m = 1600' Unless you got hawk eyes I dont know anyone who can see that far. See it and see what its doing are 2 different things :) Sure you could argue that I can see it....its a little black dot. I dont think thats what they mean.
Line of sight, is good enough for me

I could launch my solo from a top of a mountain, and fly to the valley below, would have to use my binoculars, but I could see it for about a mile

Not really , lol. Just food for thought when los come in to any conversation.

So greed is an emotion unique to the U.S.? Hmmm let me think about that. No. Guess not.

Are the long range antennas made exclusively by yanks for yanks?

So greed is an emotion unique to the U.S.? Hmmm let me think about that. No. Guess not.

Are the long range antennas made exclusively by yanks for yanks?

Its ok man its just a joke. Take it or leave it. I can deal with the Canadian jokes I have thick skin. And your "yank" antennas are probably made in China for "yanks". Just sayin. The damn solo is made in china. hahahaha.

Cheers have a good day! :)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Its ok man its just a joke. Take it or leave it. I can deal with the Canadian jokes I have thick skin. And your "yank" antennas are probably made in China for "yanks". Just sayin. The damn solo is made in china. hahahaha.

Cheers have a good day! :)
I'll bet you are right, I bet 90% of long range antennas are sold to us Americans. Most countries have banned any type of flying that would require these antennas.

And yes, we are known for our greed, our wanting more, bigger, better. It is even common with medications here in the US: If the doc says take 500 mg 2x a day, then I'll take 500mg four times a day becuase in America, more is better! We see this all the time in my field of work.
If you're a Texan, you take pride in that. If you are from other parts of the nation, you may not. Either way, it is how we are viewed by our own and those looking in.
Shrugs shoulders - I have no reason to be offended by it.

Reactions: CanadianSolo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado