Drifting issue / log help

Reaction score
This is what i sent to 3dr.

So tonight there was a really cool sunset. I took off with 8 sat and if I remember right it got to 11-13 and kept it. I mainly just hovered for about an 10 mins taking pictures. I got to 35% and thought I would bring it down from 400 to about 150. I got to 25% and decided to land and it was drifting really bad before it landed. I got about 4 feet off the ground and auto land. It landed fine. I was mainly worried about how it drifted and would hot hold in one spot. Weather conditions were clear with clouds in the distance and almost zero wind.

Link to the logs
http://1drv.ms/1M8ezeL

Here is how the lay out of where I often fly. ( I am by the blue dot)
7b1618b6958c45c38d43439d31a42faf.jpg

I got a reply back from 3dr but before I post I would like someone else that knows what they are looking at see what they say.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I was in fly. Sorry should of said that.

Hmmm... It can drift a little in Fly, but generally shouldnt drift more than 3 or 4 feet with no wind.

You should check out your log files, and see whatvthecunotbthought it was doing. If it was getting funny GPS readings (showing on the map that it thought burgess in a slightly different place than it was) it would explain it.

It has been brought up a few times, but GPS needs a pretty broad view of the sky to be accurate. Sitting in a "pocket" with clear sky's overhead looks good, but you need view of satellites also near the horizon(s) to get good horizontal accuracy. Signals can also bounce of windows etc. I am sometimes surprised that an area that I thought would be good, has relatively poor GPS visibility.

Everyone should really be using a GPS testing app (one that includes a satellite map to show not only how many but also distribution) in addition to # of sats hdop, etc. on your tablet.

I am also surprised at how often my tablet (Nexus 7) and my Solo agree.

I just took a quick glance at the logs. First of all, it was amazingly stable and barely moved the whole time you were at 400' and 175'. Looks like you just took off from your driveway and went straight up and back down again. When the battery got low and you brought it down to land and were about 40' off the ground is the only time it moved. During that time, all I saw was you mag interference was moving quite a bit.

Yeah when it was up it was fine it was when I went to land is when it was drifting ..

Thanks for looking at the logs

Hmmm... It can drift a little in Fly, but generally shouldnt drift more than 3 or 4 feet with no wind.

You should check out your log files, and see whatvthecunotbthought it was doing. If it was getting funny GPS readings (showing on the map that it thought burgess in a slightly different place than it was) it would explain it.

It has been brought up a few times, but GPS needs a pretty broad view of the sky to be accurate. Sitting in a "pocket" with clear sky's overhead looks good, but you need view of satellites also near the horizon(s) to get good horizontal accuracy. Signals can also bounce of windows etc. I am sometimes surprised that an area that I thought would be good, has relatively poor GPS visibility.

Everyone should really be using a GPS testing app (one that includes a satellite map to show not only how many but also distribution) in addition to # of sats hdop, etc. on your tablet.

I am also surprised at how often my tablet (Nexus 7) and my Solo agree.
What's a good app to test with android ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M