Download System Logs from Controller and Solo

After three days of constant use for paid work I love it. Love the time date filenames. No longer need to go to the laptop. My suggestion of landscape view and a single download all button on the home screen still stand.

Also, whether it be a download all button or the three current individual download functions , from a data management point of view to reduce errors, it would be nice to have a pop up that confirms the files downloaded (like number of bins, tlogs, etc.) that stays up until you click it away. When the bins are downloading I'd like to start taking propellers off etc. So to come back and know it's been successful is peace of mind, I currently stare at it to be sure, data loss on the job isn't cool.

Happy to donate to the cause! :)
Keep the suggestions coming--love it.
I'm working on the landscape change now.

As far as the download all button, include tlogs, bins, and shotlogs? Or maybe I should just get rid of Controller and combine with Solo, so on Solo you could download all logs (tlogs, bins, and shotlogs)?

Keep the suggestions coming--love it.
I'm working on the landscape change now.

As far as the download all button, include tlogs, bins, and shotlogs? Or maybe I should just get rid of Controller and combine with Solo, so on Solo you could download all logs (tlogs, bins, and shotlogs)?
I would keep the controller as an option, your solo might fly away, crash in a hard to access location or go for a swim and want to get them from the controller... but yeah a grab all straight from solo with one click would be my preferred option. I imagined a nice big round button at the bottom of the screen :)

I would keep the controller as an option, your solo might fly away, crash in a hard to access location or go for a swim and want to get them from the controller... but yeah a grab all straight from solo with one click would be my preferred option. I imagined a nice big round button at the bottom of the screen :)

I can download the tlogs from the Solo controller with Wookiee, but I can't access these tlogs with Tower (latest version 4.0). I've moved the tlogs into the tower tlogs folder and org.droidplanner files folder but they don't show in Tower. How to access tlogs in Tower?

I can download the tlogs from the Solo controller with Wookiee, but I can't access these tlogs with Tower (latest version 4.0). I've moved the tlogs into the tower tlogs folder and org.droidplanner files folder but they don't show in Tower. How to access tlogs in Tower?
Try renaming the tlog to something similar to what is already there in the Tower tlogs directory.
Looking at the Tower code, the tlog filename should be something like log_<connection type>_<timestamp>.tlog. Connection type should be udp.

Last edited:
Actually, renaming the log will not work.
Telemetry logs are created by the ground station (Tower) and in Solo's case tlogs are created on the controller.

Reactions: tpsharkey
Actually, renaming the log will not work.
Telemetry logs are created by the ground station (Tower) and in Solo's case tlogs are created on the controller.

Tower ver. 4.0.0 cannot find any tlogs, even the old tlogs created earlier by Tower. I will try creating new tlogs with Tower to see if they can be accessed.

I created new tlogs using Tower and they were visible in the history on Tower, nothing else was viewable though, I was hoping to view Solo controller tlogs in Tower but I have not been able to access them in Tower. I can view Solo controller tlogs in Mission Planner, so if I need to locate Solo I will need to return home, load Solo controller tlogs onto my Windows MP to find the latest Solo location, not what I was hoping for. Thanks.

As i'm processing data today, i just thought of another suggestion or two....

currently, by default you have added the time/date stamp of the download. that has helped me a lot, and i applaud it, but i was wondering, if the user could add a prefix of choice (on top of time/date), that would remain the default until its changed again.

so if the 'download all' button was implemented to sequentially grab all the files currently offered for downloading, maybe beside that button could be another button called something like 'rename and download all' that would prompt the user to add a prefix before doing its magic, and when that prefix didn't need to be changed, the 'download all' button continues to do the job with a single click.

Also, maybe in your settings you could have options for the 'download all' button, to select what files from where (and to what location if you get that part sorted out). these setting options could be put in the main menu to replace the items currently there that i suggested moving to the home page

anyway, just thinking out loud, hope this helps

also wanted to say i liked how it doesn't download previously downloaded files and how you added the number identifier. that's a really nice feature. I found a couple of instances where it did download a duplicate, but am i correct in that it won't download a duplicate file in the same session, but if turned off (app or tablet?) it will take the full 10 the first time?.... just trying to get my head around how it is supposed to work.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
also wanted to say i liked how it doesn't download previously downloaded files and how you added the number identifier. that's a really nice feature. I found a couple of instances where it did download a duplicate, but am i correct in that it won't download a duplicate file in the same session, but if turned off (app or tablet?) it will take the full 10 the first time?.... just trying to get my head around how it is supposed to work.
Good question.
It uses the MD5 checksum of the file on Solo/Artoo and compares it to all the files of the same type on the device to determine if it has been downloaded already. Unfortunately, Solo is always updating the latest telemetry log and dataflash log when running (and maybe the one before it rolled over) so at least those 2 logs will almost certainly be downloaded again (not really a duplicate but pretty close).
Maybe you noticed it takes a little longer to do calculatations before the download--that's because more files on the device means more MD5 checksums that need to be calculated. It's a good practice to delete the Wookiee folders in Download every once in a while so Wookiee will hurry the hell up. :)

Reactions: Damien
Good question.
It uses the MD5 checksum of the file on Solo/Artoo and compares it to all the files of the same type on the device to determine if it has been downloaded already. Unfortunately, Solo is always updating the latest telemetry log and dataflash log when running (and maybe the one before it rolled over) so at least those 2 logs will almost certainly be downloaded again (not really a duplicate but pretty close).
Maybe you noticed it takes a little longer to do calculatations before the download--that's because more files on the device means more MD5 checksums that need to be calculated. It's a good practice to delete the Wookiee folders in Download every once in a while so Wookiee will hurry the hell up. :)
hadn't noticed, but i was constantly moving them over to the SD card at the end of each day.

yeah that explains the doubles, i just checked and it was the ones still going before powering down. cheers!

hadn't noticed, but i was constantly moving them over to the SD card at the end of each day.

yeah that explains the doubles, i just checked and it was the ones still going before powering down. cheers!
That's another ToDo, get the download location to be an option including SD card.

New update on Google Play. Hopefully storing logs to the external SD card works on all devices. Any feedback is appreciated.

New update on Google Play. Logs can be downloaded from the dashboard and an optional suffix can be used instead of the date/time stamp. Enjoy.

New update to Wookiee on Google Play. RC logs and Solo logs can now be downloaded to your Android device and pushed to the cloud.

RC logs show us what the user asks Solo to do and how that information has been communicated and translated.
Solo logs record a top-down system check from all of its major internal mechanisms: the autopilot firmware and status; Sololink firmware and status; WiFi initiation; and the controller firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc