Disarm mid flight

No it won't.
Pre arm check requires the copter to be on stable ground.
Actually, I just tried it with no props and it seemed to work. Maybe because it was already armed and the battery was not shut off? I turned on the battery and switched to manual mode and armed the motors. I raised the throttle to simulate takeoff and raised it up about 5' and then turned the motors off with the manual shutdown (throttle down/left) While I was rocking it around by hand and after about 5sec, I armed the motors (throttle down/right) in manual mode and raised the throttle. All motors armed and ran as they should. Just a test. YMMV

Reactions: RichWest
Could easily be a poor solder joint on either of the power leads. Not likely, but worth a little wiggle just to confirm...

hmm.. I flew mine the other day and was practicing with manual and stabilize. Odd thing was with mine fly manual was good fine like normal, as soon as I hit stabilize it dropped FAST. Props were still spinning and was able to throttle up before it hit the ground. As soon as I let off the throttle up it dropped again. I switched back to fly and was fine, fly manual was fine.

Not sure if this is what your talking about or not. Seems to do this since the last update. When I hit stabilize before it would just drift not drop like it did. I will try again next time I am out flying.

hmm.. I flew mine the other day and was practicing with manual and stabilize. Odd thing was with mine fly manual was good fine like normal, as soon as I hit stabilize it dropped FAST. Props were still spinning and was able to throttle up before it hit the ground. As soon as I let off the throttle up it dropped again. I switched back to fly and was fine, fly manual was fine.

Not sure if this is what your talking about or not. Seems to do this since the last update. When I hit stabilize before it would just drift not drop like it did. I will try again next time I am out flying.
I use stabilize often and it has always dropped with the stick at half. It has never hovered at half, which is what I always had my diy MRs do. Solo has always hovered at between 1/2 - 3/4 throttle.

Reactions: prowler9
In stabilize don't expect your Solo to hover and hold altitude if you release the throttle stick and let the springs center the stick. You must fly the Solo at all times when in stabilize, including when hovering.

This is one of the things that makes manual flight a bit of a challenge. Practice makes perfect! It helps to have some manual helicopter flying skills also, but you can practice with the Solo.

Reactions: prowler9
My solo has now disarmed itself 3 times mid-flight, while on auto mode.
The first time I managed to save it by boosting the throttle (I suspect this happened because Solo was close), 2nd and 3rd time not so lucky...
Battery connection, GPS, Compass cali, telemetry, all in order during these flights (at least appeared to be).

Anyone else have this problem?
Solutions?
Hi, If Disarm is the word for that.. (where motor freezes midair and it collapsed right on the ground), it happened to me while I was shooting in Rajasthan (India) on assignment. Right after take off, it just collapsed and feel on the dunes. I realised no propeller bend or broken, I believe the propellers were not moving, else when it crashes, first thing that get damaged are the propellers. In this case, my Gimbal arm got bent, its internal motors shattered, battery came off after crash. After crash when I turned it back on all lights had different color.

Attachments

• IMG_7025.JPG
    IMG_7025.JPG
    488.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members