Direct from 3DR... What the latest update includes..

more importantly, why so many issues with GPS. by the sounds of it, you just fly along, lose GPS and if you arent careful, BOOM

Reactions: thefrog
more importantly, why so many issues with GPS. by the sounds of it, you just fly along, lose GPS and if you arent careful, BOOM
Almost sounds like the bumped the threshold up before you get the ready to Fly. I have read elsewhere that a lot of people are having a hard time getting lock.

I've noticed I am never able to receive good GPS signal to even allow takeoff when they skies aren't clear. I might have to wait even 5 minutes for unclear skies. When it's clear, I think it works just fine.

I'm getting faster acquisition and lock compared to 1.0.0
Thats good. Many have posted it is slower. I think I read in 3DRs release notes something to do with acquisition time being location specific. Maybe it works better for some areas that others. Not sure why that would be o_O

I've noticed I am never able to receive good GPS signal to even allow takeoff when they skies aren't clear. I might have to wait even 5 minutes for unclear skies. When it's clear, I think it works just fine.

Do you mean cloudy skies? I could be wrong, but I don't think clouds effect GPS.

Thats good. Many have posted it is slower. I think I read in 3DRs release notes something to do with acquisition time being location specific. Maybe it works better for some areas that others. Not sure why that would be o_O
I also found that the GPS lock didn't work very well. I had 9 satellites and it still didn't give me a lock. Took a good 10 minutes before I was able to fly it.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Do you mean cloudy skies? I could be wrong, but I don't think clouds effect GPS.

I do mean cloudy skies. I was always told that it does affect even though I never realized why. I've only flown a couple times so far. Whenever it was cloudy weather, I had to launch in FLY:Manual since it would takes over 5 minutes in regular FLY.

I also found that the GPS lock didn't work very well. I had 9 satellites and it still didn't give me a lock. Took a good 10 minutes before I was able to fly it.
Exactly the same symptoms I was experiencing at the time it should take 30 seconds time to fix (GPS 3D lock time), endless waiting for over 10 minutes and yet nothing.
Clouds have no attenuation on the GPS signal at these frequencies, signal is the same strength regardless of the clouds or rain.
Definitely seeing these many reports after the update, there is something wrong with the SOLO's GPS. It appears 3DR can't fix it with firmware updates as the issue is somewhere in the hardware.

I do mean cloudy skies. I was always told that it does affect even though I never realized why. I've only flown a couple times so far. Whenever it was cloudy weather, I had to launch in FLY:Manual since it would takes over 5 minutes in regular FLY.

Yea cloudy weather is not supposed to cause GPS issues.

Don't know what to say other than got one of the 1st SOLO's from BB, just when the rumors started that they had some,, and since update get GPS lock 8-11 sats within a minute or so. Most so far has been 14. iPad Air2, central Florida. One thing I have found is that I have to be very methodical in pre-flight. App from previous flight closed (which has been an Air2 problem I think), HDMI properly seated (missed that connection more than several times), antennas set, battery on, controller on, linked, app, Fly Solo,,.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Same here, the update has enabled me to get a GPS lock within a minute, with 12 sats usually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig