Different Hardware Versions of Solo?

Reaction score
Hello,
I figured out some differences what concerns the Solo packaging and Hardware. I am wondering if there is already different PCB (printed circuit boards) out there. That means depending on when you bought the Solo there was already a revision made.

The differences:
  1. Most recent packaging has Extension legs included in the package. Older versions need to register and receive the Extension legs later on.
  2. When you install the Gimbal I realized that the HDMI cable had a magnet on the cable (for EMV purposes). The newer version didn't have that.
That leads to my question, if there is already an improved version out?
Any feedback or experience appreciated. The 3DR Support was so far not answering my questions so that I could come to any conclusion.

Best regards!

many manufacturing runs will occur and there will always be some things that change. But I would not assume a printed circuit board change (engineering) because they changed the HDMI cable or leg extensions. That is more of an assembly change.
You would literally have to look at the board and even then physical changes may not be visibly noticeable. Hardware gets pretty locked in so they can then send firmware updates out.
For them to go back now and re-engineer solos main board would be incredibly costly

Oh? Has anyone done a detailed comparison on a possible change to the HDMI cable?

A remove of the ferrite is one thing, but a new, more flexible HDMI cable is another totally different story that I would like to be aware of.

I would not be surprised at all if they have changed the cable
I would be very surprised if the board had been changed

All copters will undergo minor revisions at least, the Inspire for example is on revision D at least now.

I'd be very surprised if the HDMI cable doesn't get varied over time, however any design still has to pass FCC testing so 3DR can only change it so much.

3DR in the past have been very good on doing upgrade kits either free or subsidised when making significant model revisions, for example IRIS users were able to upgrade to the Iris+ so they weren't forced to buy a new copter.

Hello,
I figured out some differences what concerns the Solo packaging and Hardware. I am wondering if there is already different PCB (printed circuit boards) out there. That means depending on when you bought the Solo there was already a revision made.

The differences:
  1. Most recent packaging has Extension legs included in the package. Older versions need to register and receive the Extension legs later on.
  2. When you install the Gimbal I realized that the HDMI cable had a magnet on the cable (for EMV purposes). The newer version didn't have that.
That leads to my question, if there is already an improved version out?
Any feedback or experience appreciated. The 3DR Support was so far not answering my questions so that I could come to any conclusion.

Best regards!
New What if I remove the magnet and will improve live video streaming???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc